Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 RZR XP4 1000 “Doc RZR” & 2022 RZR 200 EFI "The Cub""
460 Posts
We are doing a similar trip to the Rubicon Trail for the UTV Conquest in August. Just put my transmission in today after getting a gear reduction for the crawling, quality bearings, and Super Single reverse chain. I cheated though! Pulled the tranny and had ZFG UTV, PNW shop, do the internals. Only thing left to do for our trip is install my UHMW skid plate.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Moab or Sand Hollow are on our bucket list. We pick one big trip per year for off road. We almost enjoy the planning and prep for the trips as much as the trips.

We do both events and just destinations.

Just sucks how has prices are.

@BondoMan, I pick my battles for RZR work. I usually do everything but in this case I was just lazy. Having the opportunity of a highly regarded local shop go through, inspect and make sure everything was right inside the transmission was worth it to me because I don't plan on being inside it again lol.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
As I’ve gotten older I’ve learned to pick my battles. I haven’t been able to release the grip on my vehicles and toys, but remodeling, landscaping and such are all hired out now.
Yeah, it will sound funny, but I would not want anyone to pull and install my transmission! Yet I had some do the internals…

How are you aligning the clutches? I used the Hunterworks tool and it made it stupid simple.

Looking forward to what else your doing, may have to move Moab up the ol’ bucket list!

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I bought the hunterworks tool to align the clutches. Good to hear it’s simple!

I’m not going too wild on mods, at least no portals and 37s or anything like that, but am making some changes that increase rock crawling abilities while not losing too much of the trail capability it already has. And hopefully I’ll be preventing any breakdowns too.
I love the idea of a jack of all trails build. We can only afford one rig so doing the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts