Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, In an attempt to lighten up the vehicle I am swapping from the Ricochet full skid plate set up to the Factory UTV skid plates.

I know the size difference between the 1/2 and 3/8 but what about durability between the 2 sizes. By going to the 1/2 offer a substantial difference in protection?

What has everyone experienced with 1/2 and 3/8 set up?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
I have the 1/2 and it's a bit on the heavy side. Doesn't look like anything is going to get through it. The weak link I see is the front wheel wells.

·
Vendor
2,106 Posts
Gents, In an attempt to lighten up the vehicle I am swapping from the Ricochet full skid plate set up to the Factory UTV skid plates.

I know the size difference between the 1/2 and 3/8 but what about durability between the 2 sizes. By going to the 1/2 offer a substantial difference in protection?

Thanks
We support the majority of the Polaris factory race teams and they all run 3/8 and abuse the heck out of them. 3/8 is very durable and probably the best weight/protection combo to run. 1/2 in is just that much tougher... We run 3/8 on our shop machines and we rock crawl all the time.

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts

Thanks
We support the majority of the Polaris factory race teams and they all run 3/8 and abuse the heck out of them. 3/8 is very durable and probably the best weight/protection combo to run. 1/2 in is just that much tougher... We run 3/8 on our shop machines and we rock crawl all the time.

I have your 1/2 and it works perfect. How much does each weigh for a 2017 XPT4. Just the basic skid with no xtras.

·
Vendor
2,106 Posts

Thanks

I have your 1/2 and it works perfect. How much does each weigh for a 2017 XPT4. Just the basic skid with no xtras.
3/8 XP4 Skid is 60-65lbs
1/2 XP4 Skid is 70-75Lbs
This is for skid and all mounting hardware

·
Registered
316 Posts
I ran a 3/8" Factory UTV on my old 800 RZR4 with no problems. I put the 1/2" on my XP4 1K just for extra protection.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good info, I am going with the 3/8, rock sliders and rear trailing. Should drop some pounds from what I originally had on there!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts