Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i found a left over rzr 09 standard for $8500. Is that a deal?

I am more concerned about the engine performance. I know there are slight changes between the years..but how out dated is the 09 vs 10 and 11 as far as the engine?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

I am more concerned about the engine performance. I know there are slight changes between the years..but how out dated is the 09 vs 10 and 11 as far as the engine?

Thanks
I think if you can get it OTD for 8500 and then throw on a +5 kit you will have a nice ride for well under the price of a new "S". It will have a few engine differences but nothing you will really notice. I run with two standard RZR models with aftermarket suspension kits with my "S" and they keep up with me. If you have no interest in the suspension and want to stay 50" legal then I'd say thats a great deal. Just make sure to change the intake and have fun. Regardless of what year you get you will want to make a few changes to any of them so there's no savings there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The 09 and 10 S'S have a little more on the top end than the 2011 S ,but the 11's seem to put the power to the ground better ,and seems to pull better in the low and midrange .jmho
Do you know why? I have my engine out. Is it in the clutch or engine?
Compression? Cam? I am totally new to these things.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
The 09 rzr seems to have the least amount of issues as far as i have heard. If you can get the 09 for 9K i would say thats a great deal. i would find a used s or aftermarket suspension and then change the filter and you are riding good.

·
Registered
839 Posts

Thanks
That is a super deal ther isn't much diff on the performance of them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do clutch kits help these units? I plan on just using it for trails and around the farm, but want it to be snappy for when showing it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts