Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Two of the best would be 35W at 6000K or the 55W 8000K. Both are very bright and only give the human eye a very slight blue tint.

Good luck have ever you go and happy riding.....:ride:

·
Administrator
49,743 Posts
Looking for suggestions from those who have used them, mainly offroad(woods) riding. What temperature bulb would you recommend?
All of mine are 6000 k after that they start to turn blue

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Looking for suggestions from those who have used them, mainly offroad(woods) riding. What temperature bulb would you recommend?
Trying to order some lights as we speak. Is the blue that you are talking about what I would see looking at the car or is it the color of the light it will put out in front of the car? Hope this makes sense.

·
Administrator
49,743 Posts
Trying to order some lights as we speak. Is the blue that you are talking about what I would see looking at the car or is it the color of the light it will put out in front of the car? Hope this makes sense.
Hi Jerry 6000k is the highest spectrum of white light as you go higher up the spectrum the light starts to enter into the blue spectrum ,hope this helps :)Frank

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Hi Jerry 6000k is the highest spectrum of white light as you go higher up the spectrum the light starts to enter into the blue spectrum ,hope this helps :)Frank
yep, thats exactly what I need to know.:)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Well the only thing is when you go to higher wattage the color changes some.. IE my truck has 35w 6k and 55w 8k bulbs. The color of the two look almost exactly the same.. The higher wattage bulbs wash the color out a little..

·
Administrator
49,743 Posts
Well the only thing is when you go to higher wattage the color changes some.. IE my truck has 35w 6k and 55w 8k bulbs. The color of the two look almost exactly the same.. The higher wattage bulbs wash the color out a little..
So what your saying is 55w and 6000k will be leaning towards yellow?
Nope 6000k is the white light spectrum if you go lower like 5000 or 4000 your entering the yellow spectrum,if you add more wattage the light intensifies :)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
So what your saying is 55w and 6000k will be leaning towards yellow?
Nope 6000k is the white light spectrum if you go lower like 5000 or 4000 your entering the yellow spectrum,if you add more wattage the light intensifies :)
Ok i get it. I'm a tard if I can't put a wrench on it.:rofl3:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I highly recommend switching out your stock lights for HIDs. It think its probably the best modification, for the money, that you can do. There was a guy recommended on here that I bought them from off of ebay. I put 35 watters in mine..... and I think I paid for the "slim ballast" verison.... and they were $100. LOVE THEM!

After that..... I recommend a 32" LED lightbar mounted on the top bar! Between those two things..... you don't need any more light!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I highly recommend switching out your stock lights for HIDs. It think its probably the best modification, for the money, that you can do. There was a guy recommended on here that I bought them from off of ebay. I put 35 watters in mine..... and I think I paid for the "slim ballast" verison.... and they were $100. LOVE THEM!

After that..... I recommend a 32" LED lightbar mounted on the top bar! Between those two things..... you don't need any more light!
What brand light bar did you go with?

·
Knucklehead
546 Posts
I have a set of 55w 6000K, that is if the 09 RZR S takes the 880 bulbs. Anything wrong with running them? They are NOVA brand.
Those will be unbelievably bright on trails, which is where I do most of my riding. I guess the guys out in the sand need the extra light from light bars etc. I have heard some people say the 55w can get really hot and start melting things. I have the 6000k adjustable ones, I leave them on 55w all the time and haven't had any problems.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.