Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at Coral Pink sand dunes this weekend with my rzrs. I have only had this out a fewtimes since I got it. I was trying climb a few hills there and noticed it bogging down real bad but thought it must be normal. When my friend showed up the next day with his rzrs i tell him to go hit this hill so I can see how his does. Well he shot straight up it with no problem. Mine does just fine on flats or down hill but is horrible up most hills. Not sure where to start looking at this point. Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I installed my new air/fuel gage and it looks like everything is working right. Could it be a clutch issue? I have had both of the clutches apart. Maybe I did not line something up right when i re assembled.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Have you checked the throttle cable adjustment do a search on throttle cable and read all about it.

Mike

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the throttle when I first got it out of habit from owning Rhino's before. IT almost seems like it is staying high gear(belt is not returning). I took off the cover and tried to watch the clutches and they seemed to be working but not to sure what ot look for other than them opening and closing. There were a few times that it bogged down and then seemed like it shifted almost and picked back up on the rpm's.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking the same thing. I had my clutch apart because the one way bearing was messed up. I figures why I had it apart I would put in a clutch kit but It did not work well at high altitude so I put it back to the stock set up. I thought I got it all back together right but maybe I didn't. It is on the loud side. Not sure what to look for.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talked to Dale at DDP today for quite a while and we determined that my primary clutch is not working properly. I just went ahead and ordered a new one from him with his clutch kit. Great guy. He was going to let me send it in to see if it could be fixed but I am not one for waiting especialy when dune season is just about here. Hope this cures my problems.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wanted to update this thread. I was able to try my new clutch set up from DDP the other day and it solved all the problems. Thanks Dale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts