Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys....I need some input. I've got two options for used RZRs. Which of the following would you think is the better deal? Does the '10 have some nice upgrade from the factory...

'09: 625 miles, 2" lift, Warn 3500 winch, clean and appears to be in great shape. A few scratches on the belly from rocks and stumps. Frame looks good. Plenty of grease on the zirks. Seller firm at $8250

'10: 25 miles, bone stock in showroom condition. Ridden around the block a few times. $9300. Might be able to get him down to 9K.

That's about all I know. The extra grand isn't a big deal, but would rather not spend it if totally unnecessary. Both machines are roughly equal driving distance to pick up. Can't think of anything else to add....

·
Registered
312 Posts
Really hard to give an informed decision without seeing the 2 rides.
Both sound like a pretty good deal. Check the 09 out thoroughly if your leaning towards it. Take the air filter off and shine a light down the throttle body. If dust appears, the engine MAY already be headed towards a rebuild.
I personally would be leaning towards the 10. I assume there is no warranty on both machines?

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both sound like a pretty good deal. Check the 09 out thoroughly if your leaning towards it. Take the air filter off and shine a light down the throttle body. If dust appears, the engine MAY already be headed towards a rebuild.
I personally would be leaning towards the 10. I assume there is no warranty on both machines?
No warranty Johnny on either. The 09 has been ridden in very dusty conditions, but the airbox connections looked good (which means nothing, I know).

Question is for say $9200 for th '10 does it just make more sense to get a new one with a warranty. LOL. Difficult problems we have. :)

·
Registered
877 Posts
No warranty Johnny on either. The 09 has been ridden in very dusty conditions, but the airbox connections looked good (which means nothing, I know).

Question is for say $9200 for th '10 does it just make more sense to get a new one with a warranty. LOL. Difficult problems we have. :)
The decisions just keep getting tougher do they not:scared2:

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have an 09 and 2010. I like the clutch better on the 09, they updated it on the 2010's and it free wheels way too soon compared to the 09. Also the tranny is better on the 09 as well. It shifts into gear a little firmer and will not grind no matter how slow you shift it. The 2010 goes into gear real easy, but you have to shift it real quick, if not it will grind and complain. So to make a long story short, I would go with the 09....:)

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an 09 and 2010. I like the clutch better on the 09, they updated it on the 2010's and it free wheels way too soon compared to the 09. Also the tranny is better on the 09 as well. It shifts into gear a little firmer and will not grind no matter how slow you shift it. The 2010 goes into gear real easy, but you have to shift it real quick, if not it will grind and complain. So to make a long story short, I would go with the 09....:)
Mister....Appreciate the rational for the '09.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Mister....Appreciate the rational for the '09.
No problem!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I keep hearing about these problems with the 10's. You would think that by the 3rd year they would have it all worked out. I bought a used 09 this past April with 119 miles and 19 hours on it. All stock except for a roof. 600 miles later and not 1 problem. Paid $8500.00. No regrets.

What is each persons reason for selling?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I bought a used 09 with 400 plus miles--- now have over 1000 and NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, If it were me I would buy the 09 and use the extra grand on stuff (you will spend it)..... However with that being said, do take the advice of checking the throat down into throttle body and see if there is ANY dust on the side walls... if so, go with the 10. The one I bought came with a DFR coffee can intake from day one..... my 2 cents anyway....

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Check the throttle body of the 09 (remove air filter shine flashlight) if pristine buy it - it's a better deal then spend the $1000 difference on more upgrades

I just bought a 09 and the TB was like factory new

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Check the throttle body of the 09 (remove air filter shine flashlight) if pristine buy it - it's a better deal then spend the $1000 difference on more upgrades

I just bought a 09 and the TB was like factory new
Usually I'd say go with the newest one you can afford, but the difference in cost will allow you to make some good upgrades which if you were to add them to the '09, making the cost equal, I'd have to do with the '09.

That is if, as Baditude indicated, the TB was clean.

Also, you may be able to purchase a warranty for the '09 with some of that money... Just a thought.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My vote is for the '10.

Basically, it would be damn near impossible (but not completely, my one friend proved*) to do much damage if any in the first 25. For $750, I would take that piece of mind plus the idea that resale value will be a few hundred more than the '09 in the future. So for let's say $500, you have a much higher chance that the unit is 100% on the level.

* Creek crossing behind his house, had his rzr for 1.5 hours, and put it under to the top of the roll cage. Dealership charged him in the neighborhood of $1200 to swap fluids for a few hours.

·
Registered
107 Posts
We all know how these toys get used and the '10 has 600 less miles of wear and tear. Winches are not that expensive nor is the lift and thats if you even need it. Resale in the future is also greater with the '10.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.