Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While out riding this weekend, I noticed a metallic grinding noise which seems to be coming from the vicinity of the left rear wheel. It isnt always there and it isnt a clicking noise like from a CV joint. I checked everything and found nothing unusual. Even pulled off the wheel with nothing found.... I had a friend drive it real slow with me in the back and the noise seems to go away depending on the how much the suspension is loaded. Any ideas on what might be causing this? It only has 370 miles on it.:question:

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
brake calipers rattle.
ride the brakes lightly with your left foot and see if the rattle stops... if so you can adjust the caliper to take out some slop.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Ill give that a try tomorrow.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
dont overlook the OS bar. the pin rattles.
people have taken the whole rzr apart almost to find a rattle that was right next to them.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I held that so it wouldnt rattle while listening. Amazing how much it does rattles.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Don't forget to check your sway bar mounts. They can loosen up and make all kinds of racket.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I checked the brake caliper and tightened the set screw about a half turn. It seemed a little loose so now it matches the other side. Finally got out to test it and the problem is gone. :) No more grinding noise. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.