Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold It will start and idle but when I try to accelerate it gets rough running and quits....it takes a couple of times when it finally gets over the blockage and will run....from then on it runs GREAT!

It will do this every time.

is there a way to see any codes on the screen?

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Guys just thinking out loud here, these 800's have hydraulic lifters, any chance they could be leaking off? Then once started and running for a few seconds or minutes they build up and do fine? I know I have had lifters in car engines do this. But they would tick and rattle until the pressure built up in the bad lifter then all was fine until the engine cooled and the lifter had time to leak the pressure back off. Just a thought.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Brian,
Mine will fire the second you turn it over but dies just as quick. My thought as to what is happening is when I shut it down the lifters are pumped up correctly then when I go back to start it up and the oil is cold it fires instantly but the oil pressure shoots up so high it over pressurize the lifters and causes the valves to stay open therefore dies. If I try to crank it immediately after it dies it will not start but if I sit there a couple of minutes then try the starter again it will usually fire again but instantly die. This start and dies thing can go on for 30 to 45 minutes but if the ambient temperature is 65 to 70 degrees it will start quite a bit easier. Soooooo I'm thinking that this oil prv (dowel) is stuck and causing the whole problem. What do you folks think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts