Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rzr will crank and run but after a little while it starts to backfire threw the snorkle and the exhaust. It will barely run 10 mph. Its like its running on 1 cylinder. It has a total loss in power. It returns to idle when you stop but some times it will go dead. It also spits and spudders. Any ideas? It seems to be getting sparks on both cylinders. When you mash the gas to floor its sounds like luuuuuhhhhh poof poof... Picks up a littls.. Then sams sound.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sounds like a bad fuel pump. If you have never replaced, there is a good chance this is the problem. The correct pressure is 39psi psi. do a search on the forum for how to check and replace one. I have an 08 and I have had to replace two.Good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
rzr will crank and run but after a little while it starts to backfire threw the snorkle and the exhaust. It will barely run 10 mph. Its like its running on 1 cylinder. It has a total loss in power. It returns to idle when you stop but some times it will go dead. It also spits and spudders. Any ideas? It seems to be getting sparks on both cylinders. When you mash the gas to floor its sounds like luuuuuhhhhh poof poof... Picks up a littls.. Then sams sound.
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be low engine oil... It was going into "limp" mode.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine did the same thing. It ended up being the crank positioning sensor. Bolt backed out completely. And the sensor was half in half out .pushed it in .running like new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts