Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to tell the difference by looking at the airbox to see if its the stock one they recalled or if it has been replaced/fixed? Im gonna buy my second rzr for the old lady and i dont know what the difference is???

THANKS! :popcorn:

·
Registered
799 Posts
I think the recall update was to remove the plastic piece between the airbox and throttle body and replace it with a flexible rubbler boot

·
Registered
880 Posts
Sorry, but there was never a recall. Polaris made improvements as they rolled down the assembly line and called it updates. They did offer the early models a one time free filter replacement which was all they ever gave away.

·
BatRazor
1,323 Posts
X2 on the filter replacement.
Polaris doesn't want to take care of the
owners. They pretty much stuck there heads
in the sand.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry, but there was never a recall. Polaris made improvements as they rolled down the assembly line and called it updates. They did offer the early models a one time free filter replacement which was all they ever gave away.
they did have a recall.but like stated above they replaced the rubber tube between the box and tb with a bellows type hose and called it good.did it fix the problem?maybe,im not sure.the newer rzr models should come equiped already.

·
Registered
880 Posts
they did have a recall.but like stated above they replaced the rubber tube between the box and tb with a bellows type hose and called it good.did it fix the problem?maybe,im not sure.the newer rzr models should come equiped already.
LOL, sure whatever. All but the 08's and early 09's should have the ribbed boot connecting the filter box to the throttlebody, along with several other improvements.
But you will not find any record of an official recall from Polaris concerning an airbox problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
your probably right,they replaced mine when i took it in for service and they had to rebuild the top end for dust ingestion.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
LOL, sure whatever. All but the 08's and early 09's should have the ribbed boot connecting the filter box to the throttlebody, along with several other improvements.
But you will not find any record of an official recall from Polaris concerning an airbox problem.
He is correct, there never was ANY recall on the intake, just upgrades on the assembly line on some foam sealing strips and the bellows boot later on, and the upgraded filter offer that came in the mail in Sept. 2008. My build date was in Mid June 2008, and it had the air chamber foam upgrade but that is all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya i will def get a ump if i buy this. Any tips to be able to tell if its burning oil or is the compression test the only good way. this rzr has about 100 hours and 900 miles. its a great buy on it but i dont really want to drop another 1500-2000 in rebuilding it...

BTW I really appreciate all the input!

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
to answer you question...the new filter is big it realy fills the air box .did it fix anything ?????? who knows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts