Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net (https://www.rzrforums.net/forums.php)
-   RZR XP Turbo S (https://www.rzrforums.net/1146-rzr-xp-turbo-s/)
-   -   STI Sand Drifter Paddles (https://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-turbo-s/540758-sti-sand-drifter-paddles.html)

MattyB27 May 26th, 2019 03:56 PM

STI Sand Drifter Paddles
 
Just purchased and mounted paddles on 19 Turbo S. 32x11x15's and 32x13x15's on MSA clutch rims. Rear has 14 paddles and I am worried I have too many.

Curious if anyone has experience running these paddles? Do they grab well, rub on the calipers, etc...?

controlled force May 26th, 2019 04:16 PM

Re: STI Sand Drifter Paddles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyB27 (Post 5898630)
Just purchased and mounted paddles on 19 Turbo S. 32x11x15's and 32x13x15's on MSA clutch rims. Rear has 14 paddles and I am worried I have too many.



Curious if anyone has experience running these paddles? Do they grab well, rub on the calipers, etc...?

Yea.you made a big mistake,I see this time and time again, more so with people that are new to the scene I have tested just about every sand tire out there.

You don't need anything more then 10 paddles.

What you have are too many paddles too heavy of a combination and it's going to be very hard on the belt

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MattyB27 May 26th, 2019 04:31 PM

Re: STI Sand Drifter Paddles
 
Thank you for the reply. I see my worry is justified and I guess I live and learn.

I did notice, however, the weight of the paddles/new rims are almost 60 lbs lighter than the stock wheels and tires. Would this not matter because I am riding sand?

controlled force May 26th, 2019 04:36 PM

Re: STI Sand Drifter Paddles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyB27 (Post 5898646)
Thank you for the reply. I see my worry is justified and I guess I live and learn.

I did notice, however, the weight of the paddles/new rims are almost 60 lbs lighter than the stock wheels and tires. Would this not matter because I am riding sand?

You can run a HD wheel in a 14" configuration and be even lighter than what you have now and won't rub the caliper,like you said live an learn

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ffphil May 27th, 2019 07:06 AM

So what is the best paddle tire to run on the Turbo S

turboedsupe May 27th, 2019 08:36 AM

Re: STI Sand Drifter Paddles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ffphil (Post 5898750)
So what is the best paddle tire to run on the Turbo S

The Sandcraft 32” destroyers are the best I think. 10 paddle if your staying stock or 11 if your going to tune and clutch it. I run the 10 paddle on my stock 4 seater S and I love them

Ffphil May 27th, 2019 09:15 AM

Those look like good tires. I am running the sand strippers now on my two seater. I think they are heavy and steal HP. When these wear out I will have to give these a try. They are pricey though.

ganks May 29th, 2019 02:30 PM

Re: STI Sand Drifter Paddles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by turboedsupe (Post 5898770)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ffphil (Post 5898750)
So what is the best paddle tire to run on the Turbo S

The Sandcraft 32” destroyers are the best I think. 10 paddle if your staying stock or 11 if your going to tune and clutch it. I run the 10 paddle on my stock 4 seater S and I love them

Do you run these on 14's or 15" wheels?

Just starting to do my paddle research and my buddy said to go with the sandcraft 10 paddles and 14" HD wheels for the lightest set up. Are you running smooths in the front?

turboedsupe May 29th, 2019 05:56 PM

Re: STI Sand Drifter Paddles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ganks (Post 5899750)
Do you run these on 14's or 15" wheels?

Just starting to do my paddle research and my buddy said to go with the sandcraft 10 paddles and 14" HD wheels for the lightest set up. Are you running smooths in the front?

Well first off which sand dunes do you drive in? The tires only come in 15” and I think only a 15” and bigger will fit the turbo S. Don’t think a 14 will clear the brakes. We ride in Glamis and the smooth front works best out there I think. These tires have a smooth center rib and steer great. I would stay with a 10 paddle unless your going to tune and clutch the machine, less paddle less belt stress. https://www.sandcraftmotorsports.com...kage-32x13x15/

ganks May 30th, 2019 10:19 AM

Re: STI Sand Drifter Paddles
 
Thanks that helps. I live in So UT so Little Sahara will be our dune spot. 10 paddles with smooth fronts sounds like the way to go.

95glide June 3rd, 2019 02:09 PM

I live in Michigan and ride silver lake. 10 paddle destroyers were no where near enough. Spun over half way down the drag area, never felt like good traction. Ass end was sliding all over, tried air pressure from 6# to 14#. Swapped to some stu 16 paddle comp cut and hooks great. Riding out in glamis is different than here. Picked up an easy car length in the drag area.

95glide June 3rd, 2019 02:12 PM

Take that back, I had 11 paddle. Also don't think a 14" rim will clear the 4 seat front caliper.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome