RZR XP 900 2011 to 2014 Polaris RZR XP 900 Forum on RZRForums.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old February 20th, 2011, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

My RZR: 2011 RZR 900 XP
Member #22637
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View btq's Photo Gallery(0)
pre ordering from dealer???

last week i wanted to go down and pay for a xp, the dealer said there getting 2 in march, but they dont have the pricing from polaris yet but as soon as they got it theyd let me know ..ive known them for yrs an they assured me id get 1 of them

im having trouble understanding why we couldnt talk price and get it wrapped up i dont care if i have to wait until april or may...ny weather is crap right now... they said they dont recieve pricing til they recieve there shipment.... any dealers or guys know exactly what could be going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old February 20th, 2011, 12:23 PM

First Name: Tim
My RZR: TAGTEAM APEX / UTVINC / COGNITO / STM / HOLZ / GNS / $$$$ EDITION
Member #7690
Feedback Score: 176 reviews
View swingarm1's Photo Gallery(1)
Re: pre ordering from dealer???

Then your dealer is the only one that doesn't have pricing... Find another dealer...
post #3 of 19 Old February 20th, 2011, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Member #22637

thats what i was thinking , i was hoping to get otd for 16500 or less on the base red xp...i didnt know if this affected them being able to negotiate... any polaris dealers have any insight on what might be going on? if they told yeah 16500 i would wrap it up aand im cool with waiting.,..it just doesnt seem right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old February 20th, 2011, 12:48 PM

Member #23011
View bmatlo's Photo Gallery(0)

just got my red xp yesterday and I just played the same game I bought a rzr s Christmas eve and with my luck they came out with the xp a week later so super pissed I ordered an xp January second not caring about price mean while I sell my rzr s and go in to pay for the xp and they say they don't know pricing yet and to wait for it to get here all they could tell me was msrp was 19000 cdn minus whatever factory rebates they have that month so now I was realy pissed that if mine never came in until march I loose my 1500 factory rebate so I dug around and told the dealer I was going to buy one in the USA and some how they very quickly came up with 16200 cdn so it all worked out but they defanatly screw everyone around because factory rebates
post #5 of 19 Old February 20th, 2011, 12:53 PM

Member #7690

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq View Post
thats what i was thinking , i was hoping to get otd for 16500 or less on the base red xp...i didnt know if this affected them being able to negotiate... any polaris dealers have any insight on what might be going on? if they told yeah 16500 i would wrap it up aand im cool with waiting.,..it just doesnt seem right
Call Star Island Motor Sports 928-772-0855 they have been moving XP's like hot cakes... Ask for Spence...
post #6 of 19 Old February 20th, 2011, 12:53 PM
HIGHOCTANE

Member #
View HIGHOCTANE's Photo Gallery()

Sounds like on of 3 things..
1) they don't want to sell to you..
2) they want to wait until they have one to put in front of you and then try some high pressure sales tactics to get a mint for it..
3) They are holding out for someone who is desperate to come in an offer a ridiculous price to get one..
Like swingarm said..find another dealer..that one smells fishy.

post #7 of 19 Old February 20th, 2011, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Member #22637

im in ny lol or i think it would be much easier to get one,

so basically there screwing around to save on the rebates? i dont really care as long as i can get the otd price i want thats good enough for me
post #8 of 19 Old February 20th, 2011, 12:58 PM

Member #7690

You might be surprised at the price from Spence... Have it shipped to you, no tax on out of state sale... It's worth a call and he can get you one right now...
post #9 of 19 Old February 20th, 2011, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Member #22637

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE View Post
Sounds like on of 3 things..
1) they don't want to sell to you..
2) they want to wait until they have one to put in front of you and then try some high pressure sales tactics to get a mint for it..
3) They are holding out for someone who is desperate to come in an offer a ridiculous price to get one..
Like swingarm said..find another dealer..that one smells fishy.
id bbe very suprised if that was the case , ive known them for yrs and bought several id be suprised to see the same demand in the northeast as the southwest for these, i was feeling it was a rebate type deal they were trying to avoid or something
post #10 of 19 Old February 20th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Premium Member

First Name: Toby
My RZR: 2011 XP Le
Member #9867
View NorCalRider's Photo Gallery(0)

That doesnt sound right at all. All the dealer has to do is call his rep if he didnt have pricing on it. Also most dealers just need a $100-$500 deposit to place a sold order to get it there faster. Sounds more like them being lazy and not wanting to deal with it.

New machine coming soon
2011 XP Le 3/24/2011 Simpson 5pt, Diablo Beadlocks 12x7 4+3, 27x9x12 Bighorns all around, 10" Rigid, Polaris rock sliders, bimini top, bubble windshields, steering wheel, l-n-r gas can holder, 17" rearview, more to come SOLD
2011 XP Le 3/5/2011 Simpson 5 pt harness, polaris 3500 winch
2011 XP Indy Red arrived 3/5/2011 polaris 3500 winch, mirrors
post #11 of 19 Old February 20th, 2011, 02:53 PM

First Name: Dan
My RZR: 2011 XP9
Member #10291
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
View dw450's Photo Gallery(0)

Not a rebate deal, because there are no rebates to be had on the XP. Rebates are on the 2010 models and sportsman quads I believe.
post #12 of 19 Old February 20th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Banned

First Name: Mark -
Member #16159
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
View itsruf's Photo Gallery(0)

years ago someone taught me how to say no just as fast as I can say yes.
You gave them a shot, they rejected you.....walk.
post #13 of 19 Old February 20th, 2011, 03:42 PM

Member #23011
View bmatlo's Photo Gallery(0)

there might not be rebates in the us but I'm here to tell ya that I payed cash for mime yesterday and there was a 1500 factory rebate on it
post #14 of 19 Old February 20th, 2011, 03:54 PM

First Name: Jim
My RZR: 2009 Nuclear Sunset
Member #3702
Garage
View im4seven's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btq View Post
last week i wanted to go down and pay for a xp, the dealer said there getting 2 in march, but they dont have the pricing from polaris yet but as soon as they got it theyd let me know ..ive known them for yrs an they assured me id get 1 of them

im having trouble understanding why we couldnt talk price and get it wrapped up i dont care if i have to wait until april or may...ny weather is crap right now... they said they dont recieve pricing til they recieve there shipment.... any dealers or guys know exactly what could be going on?
I didn't read the whole thread so this may have already been said. They know the price or they are to lazy to check. I sell cars, but I can tell you what I would do if I was the atv dealer. I would tell you that I'd reserve one of them for you and call you when it gets in, and we can work out a deal when it arrives. If we can't agree on a price, no hard feelings. As a dealer I know that you will probably pay more for it after test driving it. As a matter of fact I'd probably negotiate the deal w/ both of us sitting in it!! The purpose of course is to make it an emotional decision. Since it's not here and you can't touch it, it's just a commodity that you want to buy at the lowest possible price.

I'm guessing that's the plan, though to say what they said is just dumb, makes them look bad.
post #15 of 19 Old February 20th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Banned

First Name: Mark -
Member #16159
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
View itsruf's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4seven View Post
As a dealer I know that you will probably pay more for it after test driving it.....
interesting point.
Consciously or not I never drive the car first. I have always negotiated sale price to. It's like I threw ice water on them!

Friday when I took XP delivery the dealer came downstairs. He agreed to let me take the plastics and cage off.
He wanted to start selling Pure Polaris accessories but I already had it torn down.
His tech was installing the winch and said "Mark aint sat in it or started it." that's some ice water! He just went back upstairs!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode