RZR XP 4 1000 Discussions for the all new four-seat Polaris RZR XP 4 1000

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old September 30th, 2019, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Member #72498
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View Bajarider's Photo Gallery(0)
Click six harness disassembly?

I have harness bezels for the seats, but the openings are too thin to allow the click six buckles to fit through. How do you disassemble the click six harness to slip the straps through the bezel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old October 1st, 2019, 12:08 PM

Member #230193
View graniteguy16's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Click six harness disassembly?

You shouldn't have to disassemble them,you should just take the bottom 2 bolts out of either side and work the whole strap system through the bezel rite?

Sent from my SM-G975U using RZRForums.net mobile app
post #3 of 34 Old October 1st, 2019, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Member #72498

I wish it were that simple. The click six harnesses have inertia reels at the strap ends and GIANT buckles at the other. Neither fit through the seat bezels. It's the inertia reels that I will have to disassemble to make it work.

I was hopeful that the harnesses would work with the stock seats, since they are a Polaris option, but they don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old October 1st, 2019, 03:22 PM

Member #230193

I did that and had to buy a new set,not telling u what to do tho bud!Click image for larger version

Name:	20190302_001156.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	585224

post #5 of 34 Old October 1st, 2019, 03:55 PM

Member #23438
Garage
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
View RZR_Joe's Photo Gallery(9)

Disconnect the four lower belts by sliding them back through the adjuster. Then the shoulder belt will slide through the bezel. A trick to making the belts easier to slide back through the adjuster: Cut the excess length off at a 45 degree angle, heat the end (heat gun or torch) to keep them from fraying. This makes slipping the belts through the adjuster a breeze. It takes me less than a minute to undo mine to remove my selts.
moore3cam likes this.
post #6 of 34 Old October 1st, 2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Member #72498

Thanks Graniteguy, you saved me! BTW, nice seats!
RZR Joe, thanks for the input, but the buckle itself, even without the belts, is too big to fit through the bezel. I think you are thinking of the normal six point belts we have been using in Baja cars for many years. The click six belts are completely different. They have inertia reels at the end normally attached to the roll bar and three belts sewn onto a giant buckle, which is too large to fit through the bezel even if it didn't have belts sewn on.
graniteguy16 likes this.
post #7 of 34 Old October 1st, 2019, 04:54 PM

Member #23438
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajarider View Post
Thanks Graniteguy, you saved me! BTW, nice seats!
RZR Joe, thanks for the input, but the buckle itself, even without the belts, is too big to fit through the bezel. I think you are thinking of the normal six point belts we have been using in Baja cars for many years. The click six belts are completely different. They have inertia reels at the end normally attached to the roll bar and three belts sewn onto a giant buckle, which is too large to fit through the bezel even if it didn't have belts sewn on.
Nope, mine are click six and fit through the bezel

I should add I have a single wide bezel for both shoulder belts through my HSP seats
post #8 of 34 Old October 1st, 2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Member #72498

You have better seats with a wider bezel. Nice! I just have the stock RZR seats. I have Beards in a Chenowth that would work, but they are expensive. The RZR is mostly a "toy" the girls like to drive while we ride bikes in Baja, so I try not to spend too much money on it.
post #9 of 34 Old October 2nd, 2019, 06:45 AM

Member #23438
Garage

You could just have them go around the outside of the stock seats, I did that until I upgraded seats.

post #10 of 34 Old October 2nd, 2019, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Member #72498

Thanks Joe, that's what we are doing for now. But, we just returned from two weeks in Baja where the RZR was used daily, including a quick two hundred mile round trip to Mike's Sky Ranch, and the seat edges where the belts rub are already starting to wear. I think the solution is new seats like Graniteguy's or CNC some larger seat bezels from billet, which would probably run about as much as new seats.
post #11 of 34 Old October 4th, 2019, 04:27 PM

Member #230193

Quote:
Thanks Joe, that's what we are doing for now. But, we just returned from two weeks in Baja where the RZR was used daily, including a quick two hundred mile round trip to Mike's Sky Ranch, and the seat edges where the belts rub are already starting to wear. I think the solution is new seats like Graniteguy's or CNC some larger seat bezels from billet, which would probably run about as much as new seats.
Good thing about my Hunter seats is the spool will actually fit through the seat,makes it pretty easy to get em in n out!

post #12 of 34 Old October 4th, 2019, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Member #72498

I like 'em! Thanks for the ideas.
graniteguy16 likes this.
post #13 of 34 Old October 4th, 2019, 06:27 PM

First Name: Jay
My RZR: 2017 XP 4 1000
Member #271860
View JHMartin's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote:
I have harness bezels for the seats, but the openings are too thin to allow the click six buckles to fit through....
What bezels did you buy? I am just about to order everything to install Click Six for my car and am glad I found this thread. Will the harness fit through the hole you have to cut in the seat back? If so, what about splitting the bezel?
Jay

Edit: What about some help with those who have Click Six (e.g. @Greyhoundman , @BLOODY BILL , @AZRIDER82146 , and @moore3cam )? What did you do about bezels?

Last edited by JHMartin; October 4th, 2019 at 07:54 PM.
post #14 of 34 Old October 4th, 2019, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Member #72498

They are from Dragonfire Racing, but don't buy them if you want to use them for your click six belts. They are too narrow to get the buckle or the inertia reel through. Braum sells bezels, but they look like they are too thick for stock RZR seats.
Polaris needs to step up and make sure their accessories work. The click six belts will quickly wear thorough the seat material . The only solution for stock seats is to pop rivet a plastic "wear" pad on the seat edges or fab a guide like RZR Joe's
JHMartin likes this.

Last edited by Bajarider; October 5th, 2019 at 11:38 AM.
post #15 of 34 Old October 4th, 2019, 08:31 PM

First Name: Don
My RZR: Ď18 1000 XP TRE
Member #187593
Garage
View AZRIDER82146's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHMartin View Post
Quote:
I have harness bezels for the seats, but the openings are too thin to allow the click six buckles to fit through....
What bezels did you buy? I am just about to order everything to install Click Six for my car and am glad I found this thread. Will the harness fit through the hole you have to cut in the seat back? If so, what about splitting the bezel?
Jay

Edit: What about some help with those who have Click Six (e.g. @Greyhoundman , @BLOODY BILL , @AZRIDER82146 , and @moore3cam )? What did you do about bezels?
Well, no bezels for me. I have a loooong torso, and with the harness straps going over the top of the stock seat, they are still almost too low for me. Sorry I couldnít help you on this.

Internet diagnostics..........unless you know exactly what to describe, and how to describe it, no one knows what exactly what to tell you. And if you DO know exactly what to describe and how to describe it.........you likely donít need the internet answer!!!!!!! LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode