• 1 Post By SpdBump

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old September 9th, 2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

My RZR: 2019 XP4 1000
Member #264198
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View westonshaw's Photo Gallery(0)
The Great Debate! 2 vs 4

Hey all! I know this has been beat to death, but I will ask anyway. I bought a 4 seat thinking we would take friends and family all the time and it would be great. We don't have any kids yet, but are about to have #1. The wife is now thinking it would be more fun to switch to a 2 seat and just buy another 2 seat later. I you had the option would you get two 2 seats or would you still do the 4 seat? Never ridden in a 2 seat but I have heard that the ride is not the same. We ride mostly wooded tight trails here in Arkansas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old September 9th, 2019, 01:43 PM

Member #230193
View graniteguy16's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: The Great Debate! 2 vs 4

2, 2 seaters lol. The 4 seaters climb good,and its nice to get 4 people in one,but thats it in my opinion,i went from 2 seaters,to a 4 seat turbo,i was in it by myself 95% of the time and hated it! Now i have a 2 seat turbo s and couldnt be happier,i love to ride again!
post #3 of 11 Old September 9th, 2019, 02:00 PM

My RZR: T4 Velocity
Member #82174
View FRAZR's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graniteguy16 View Post
2, 2 seaters lol. The 4 seaters climb good,and its nice to get 4 people in one,but thats it in my opinion,i went from 2 seaters,to a 4 seat turbo,i was in it by myself 95% of the time and hated it! Now i have a 2 seat turbo s and couldnt be happier,i love to ride again!
I just went from a 2 seat Turbo to a 4 seat Turbo S. Why did you hate the 4 seater? Congratulations on the new Turbo S!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old September 9th, 2019, 02:19 PM

Member #250882
View Loose Bolts's Photo Gallery(0)

If your wife loves to drive get two 2-seaters. If sheís not that into it get a 4-seater. Of course itís harder to haul two separate machines. One 4-seater will fit in a toy hauler pretty well. I like our 4 seater but honestly all the seats arenít full very much. Others have mentioned that you can fill those empty seats with extra gear. I guess itís based on your riding style. And yup this topic has been hit harder then most of us hit the trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 11 Old September 9th, 2019, 02:28 PM

First Name: Rick
My RZR: Wreck it Rick: 2015 XP1000 Voodoo Blue / You Know...For the Kids: 2015 XP1000 Havasu Red
Member #59828
View shilo020's Photo Gallery(0)

2 2 seat. More fun to ride with another car and it’s the ultimate spare part.
post #6 of 11 Old Yesterday, 05:34 AM

First Name: Tony
My RZR: 2019 RZR XP4 Turbo
Member #246370
Garage
View Plankk's Photo Gallery(0)

Go with 2 x 2 seaters if the following conditions are true:

- You can haul 2 separate units easily, you'll need a pretty big trailer and truck
- You can store 2 separate units, I know a lot of guys get tired of storing units that don't used, will you be able to deal with a 2nd machine that sits most of the time?
- Your wife (or perhaps and older child) like to drive regularly
- Money isn't a big factor as price, maintenance, and accessories will cost double

Otherwise, just get a 4 seater and save some hassle (and money)

I have a 4 seater because I have 2 kids, but like Graniteguy, Im solo in it 95% of time. But... at the same time, I can't justify the cost of 2 units, nor would I enjoy having a 2nd unit that sits around most of the time, so a 4 seater works well for me and hasn't disappointed me despite what I "think I want".

Biggest downside to a 4 seater is not its size or cost or anything, its that nobody likes the backseats, even kids, especially on long rides. Front seats are just more fun.
post #7 of 11 Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM

Member #230193

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAZR View Post
Quote:
I just went from a 2 seat Turbo to a 4 seat Turbo S. Why did you hate the 4 seater? Congratulations on the new Turbo S!
Thanks! Kept high centring,tired of the 4 point turns,and like i said,i was in it by myself 95% of the time!
post #8 of 11 Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM

Member #230193

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAZR View Post
Quote:
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190427_182423.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	583918
post #9 of 11 Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM

Member #247986
View Steve1389ste's Photo Gallery(0)
Lots of those types of high centering can be avoided by using the skinny pedal just a smidge...
post #10 of 11 Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM

First Name: Mac
My RZR: 2017 XP1K
Member #22190
View SpdBump's Photo Gallery(0)

I had a 4 seat 800, went to a 2 seater when we bought the XP1K. If I had it to do over, I would have bought the 4 seater again. It's mostly just the wife and I, but I like having the extra storage room and the 4 seater rides a little smoother/more stable, IMO. If/when we buy another RZR, we're definitely going back to a 4 seater.

We actually considered getting 2 RS1s - but as others have mentioned above, I didn't want the extra purchase cost, storage room, trailering issues (even though we rarely trailer for rides) and maintenance/upkeep on 2 rigs vs. 1. Not to mention that the wife doesn't like to drive all the time, and she would have a hard time keeping up on fast/technical rides - and I wouldn't want her trying to do so and getting in over her head.
FRAZR likes this.
post #11 of 11 Old Today, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

My RZR: 2019 XP4 1000
Member #264198
View westonshaw's Photo Gallery(0)

Thank you everyone for your input. You bring up some valid points for sure. My wife loves to drive and is crazier than I am. So crazy that she would probably roll her rig before I would. LOL. We do like having the extra room to carry more gear, but that gear rarely gets used. Like graniteguy16 said, I too get tired of high centering especially when other people are riding. The 3 point turns don't really bother me as most of the 2 seaters I ride with have to do them as well. I wish it was just a matter of more skinny pedal to solve high center. The runoff control bumps they put here in Arkansas are so sharp that you would probably endo. I do like the added stability when climbing and I can attest to the 4 seat over the 2 seat in climbing, but they have a roll cage for a reason and I am not really afraid to use it. Although, I do my best to keep the rubber side down! Our biggest complaint with the 4 seat is it just doesn't seam as sporty or lively as a 2 seat would be. The hauling and storing would kinda suck, but that's just a good excuse to get a bigger truck and a shop!!! Thanks again everyone. Have fun out there and keep the shiny side up!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in