2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old June 18th, 2017, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Member #202121
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View Minifabr's Photo Gallery(0)
Fair price or should I be skeptical?

2016 XP 4 1000 with 300 miles on it for $18,500? It's about a 5 hour drive drone me so I can't look at it in person.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3856_1497839594529.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	435849  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old June 18th, 2017, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Member #202121
Garage
Oh, it's at a dealership.
post #3 of 34 Old June 18th, 2017, 07:49 PM

First Name: Matt
My RZR: 2016-Turbo 4
Member #13639
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
View MATT1524's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Fair price or should I be skeptical?

Seems high. Guess depends location
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old June 18th, 2017, 07:53 PM

Member #51143
View Xfire's Photo Gallery(0)

Always skeptical of used. I have seen people be brutal to these things from first hour on. A good clean up made them look new again. New is only 3 grand more around here.
post #5 of 34 Old June 18th, 2017, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Member #202121
Garage
Yeah, I've asked if there are any issues and they said, "No issues. The previously owner didn't use it enough to justify having it." At first I think who the hell would take it back to the dealership and lose their ass on it? But then there are some pretty dumb people out there and $15 per mile driven doesn't even phase them. Could have been a trade in or even a repo, but who knows really? What would you offer if it looks good? $16,500?
post #6 of 34 Old June 18th, 2017, 09:21 PM

Member #51143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minifabr View Post
Yeah, I've asked if there are any issues and they said, "No issues. The previously owner didn't use it enough to justify having it." At first I think who the hell would take it back to the dealership and lose their ass on it? But then there are some pretty dumb people out there and $15 per mile driven doesn't even phase them. Could have been a trade in or even a repo, but who knows really? What would you offer if it looks good? $16,500?
That's what I would offer. They probably have 15,000 at most in it. I would stick pretty close to that offer also. I would also want some service records or at least be able to rule out it being a lemon. Not using it enough to justify it does not sound correct to me. I would never sell to a dealer. That's giving money away. Most people feel the same. Trade in is a little different for some. That would not really fit their story though.
Good luck and let us know.
post #7 of 34 Old June 19th, 2017, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Member #202121
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfire View Post
Quote:
That's what I would offer. They probably have 15,000 at most in it. I would stick pretty close to that offer also. I would also want some service records or at least be able to rule out it being a lemon. Not using it enough to justify it does not sound correct to me. I would never sell to a dealer. That's giving money away. Most people feel the same. Trade in is a little different for some. That would not really fit their story though.
How much maintenance is typical for 300 miles? Also, what is the RZR factory warranty period? Thanks.
post #8 of 34 Old June 19th, 2017, 05:45 AM

First Name: Matt
My RZR: 2016-Turbo 4
Member #13639
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
View MATT1524's Photo Gallery(0)

Warranty is 6months so its past that, or would be highly unlikely for it not to be.

During the first 300 miles it should have had atleast one full service. If it was bought there new and serviced there new then they should be able to provide those records, dates sold, etc.
post #9 of 34 Old June 19th, 2017, 06:25 AM

First Name: John
Member #198226
View Lost's Photo Gallery(0)

seems high to me, but I'm in TN, you can get a new 17' for under $18k here without alot of work.
post #10 of 34 Old June 19th, 2017, 07:10 AM

Member #51143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
seems high to me, but I'm in TN, you can get a new 17' for under $18k here without alot of work.
You can get a 4 seater for that?
post #11 of 34 Old June 19th, 2017, 07:15 AM

Member #51143

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How much maintenance is typical for 300 miles? Also, what is the RZR factory warranty period? Thanks.
When I bought my 2016 Polaris had a deal going on. Came with two year warranty. I would ask about that. Should still be half a year or more of that left. It is transferable. Also, I would ask service department if they had any records of it coming in for service or more importantly any complaints, warranty work or problems.
post #12 of 34 Old June 19th, 2017, 07:48 AM

First Name: John
Member #198226
View Lost's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote:
Quote:
bought a new 17 ti XP41K for $17,500 in April from Motorsports Superstore in AL. could have bought one for $18k from a dealer closer, but would have had to pay sales tax. my local dealer which is usually pretty high has them for $18,499 at the moment.

once again, I'm in TN. we have lots and lots of dealers really close.
post #13 of 34 Old June 19th, 2017, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Member #202121
Garage

Quote:

Man, I had no idea the regional price difference. Dealer price in Tennessee has a big discount! That might be worth the round trip if I can coordinate it with the sale of my mini-buggy. What was the total OTD price including transport and dealer prep?
post #14 of 34 Old June 19th, 2017, 10:08 AM

Member #51143

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
bought a new 17 ti XP41K for $17,500 in April from Motorsports Superstore in AL. could have bought one for $18k from a dealer closer, but would have had to pay sales tax. my local dealer which is usually pretty high has them for $18,499 at the moment.

once again, I'm in TN. we have lots and lots of dealers really close.
Dang, I am driving cross country for my next purchase. I live in AZ but I think I would make the drive for that. If I was you mini I would look hard at a road trip....
post #15 of 34 Old June 19th, 2017, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Member #202121
Garage

Quote:

Dang, I am driving cross country for my next purchase. I live in AZ but I think I would make the drive for that. If I was you mini I would look hard at a road trip....
Dude, my wheels are already spinning. I have to see what the total OTD price really is. I figure it would cost me ~$450 in fuel and then I'd have to pay 3% sales tax for NM when I register it. I have an interested party in Arkansas if I can get them to commit to buy my minibuggy then I can deliver it on the drive through and have a nice down payment. That kind of savings is worth 3 days on the road to me. We'll see.
Xfire and generaljls like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode