Broken axle advice - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net
RZR XP 1000 Discussions for the all new Polaris RZR XP 1000 Sponsored by: Marshall Powersports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old October 12th, 2018, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Member #261950
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View MessyXP1K's Photo Gallery(0)
Broken axle advice

I’ve got a 2015 XP1000 with two broken rear axles. I’m leaning towards buying the Rhino 2.0 as a replacement from stock. My only concern is the OEM axle is designed to break before more damage is caused which makes sense but has anyone broken anything important running the 2.0s?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old October 12th, 2018, 11:24 AM
craigstumph

My RZR: RZR 1000
Member #59177
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
View craigstumph's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Broken axle advice

The axle debate goes on. I personally run the best (strongest) components I can in all locations. Rhino 2.0 axles are good and better than stock for less $$. When you decide, I have your Rhino 2.0 axles in stock. PM for your best deal.

https://www.proutvparts.com/collecti...0-by-super-atv

Call or Text 801 367 1395
www.proutvparts.com
post #3 of 9 Old October 12th, 2018, 11:31 AM

Member #70398
View DaveP's Photo Gallery(0)

I've had good luck with the original Rhinos on my old quad. No experience with the 2.0 or on a sxs. I've also had good luck with stockers but having a warranty is nice. If I break one I'll be going rhinos

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old October 12th, 2018, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Member #261950
Went ahead and ordered some Rhino 2.0s. They’ll be here next week so I’ll post install and performance thoughts when I get back from the desert! Hoping they hold up!
post #5 of 9 Old October 12th, 2018, 05:53 PM

Member #241706
View JC Whitney's Photo Gallery(0)

Run dont walk away from Super ATV and Rhino 2s.Both my fronts failed with less than 400 miles of slow trail riding,no jumps or high speed with stock suspension. Just a matter of time before the rears go too im sure. Inner CVs bound up and would pull out of the diff, Prob china panda poop used as grease. Cost $30 shipping to send back and then $50 each for warranty??????--- WHAT---,thats right they charge you to warranty poor quality,$130 total. Read the fine print cause I must have skipped over that part. So once Mr.Polaris gets you then bend over again so the china store can get some also.
I guess you got to make your helicopter payment any way you can??????
post #6 of 9 Old October 13th, 2018, 06:03 AM

First Name: Hendy
My RZR: 2011 RZR 900 XP LE, 2015 XP 1000 High Lifter
Member #19873
View Hendy's Photo Gallery(0)

Rhinos worked great in both of our RZRs. As for the "pulling out of the diff" issue that some people have...I'm not sure if the 2.0s are affected by this as well, but I know with the originals, I had to release the metal CV band and push a small screwdriver between the boot and the axle to allow some air in. Both CVs popped out another 1/2" each and I never had them pull out of the diff again.
post #7 of 9 Old October 13th, 2018, 12:47 PM

Member #241706
View JC Whitney's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendy View Post
Rhinos worked great in both of our RZRs. As for the "pulling out of the diff" issue that some people have...I'm not sure if the 2.0s are affected by this as well, but I know with the originals, I had to release the metal CV band and push a small screwdriver between the boot and the axle to allow some air in. Both CVs popped out another 1/2" each and I never had them pull out of the diff again.
I dont think that can happen to the 2.0s,the boots are more like plastic and rubber mix, seem to be thin but flex good.Both inner CVs were bound up on mine and instead of extending and following the arch of the travel they would pull out of the diff.After I removed them it was tough to cycle the travel by hand esp if you twisted at the same time. Im guessing very little grease
then they galled up or damaged inside. The boots and clamps were still good and I did not remove them to ck because they prob would have said no warranty then.
post #8 of 9 Old October 13th, 2018, 07:52 PM

My RZR: 18' RS1
Member #172713
Garage
View SSGPohlman's Photo Gallery(0)

Ive got rhino 2.0ís in the rear of mine. Ill spare the details as to what I have done to mine but Ill say this, ive been very impressed with what they have stood up against.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

Noble Eagle 03-05
Iraqi Freedom 05-07
Enduring Freedom 12-13
Med Retired after 17yrs
post #9 of 9 Old October 14th, 2018, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Member #261950
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGPohlman View Post
Ive got rhino 2.0’s in the rear of mine. Ill spare the details as to what I have done to mine but Ill say this, ive been very impressed with what they have stood up against.

Are you sparing us what abuse you’ve put them through or what you did to make them work? Any input for or must dos for the install would be great. I’ll be installing Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode