Rzr xp 1000 clutch issue - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net
RZR XP 1000 Discussions for the all new Polaris RZR XP 1000 Sponsored by: Marshall Powersports

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hunterworks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old May 28th, 2017, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Member #200465
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View Ruben Garza's Photo Gallery(0)
Rzr xp 1000 clutch issue

So a few months ago I lost a belt at the river well after installing a new one I've had all sorts of issues, it seems like the clutch won't engage right away and it's kinda jumpy also the other day it died in gear and wouldn't come out of gear until the primary clutch I believe disengaged, I took belt off and there a few teeth missing from the outer part of the belt. When I start it up I hear what seems to be the clutch clanking in a way.. I have a 2016 rzr xp 1000 and I installed a gates g force belt on it. Any help or insight would be much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old May 28th, 2017, 10:27 AM

First Name: Rick
My RZR: 2015 XP1000, 2014 XP4K, 2011 XP900
Member #29192
Garage
View Fimea's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Rzr xp 1000 clutch issue

It sounds like the bearing on the primary clutch is bad, and not letting the belt idle. Also, is it possible you didn't get all the belt debris out of the primary clutch?
post #3 of 4 Old May 29th, 2017, 04:43 AM
Official Site Vendor

First Name: Todd
My RZR: 2018 XP1000 and Ranger 1000
Member #47437
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
View Hunterworks's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Rzr xp 1000 clutch issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimea View Post
It sounds like the bearing on the primary clutch is bad, and not letting the belt idle. Also, is it possible you didn't get all the belt debris out of the primary clutch?
I would agree with this

Also, if teeth off outer portion the belt most likely hit the exhaust duct over the secondary on decel.

Have you replaced the square pucks in secondary with our round rollers?

Is there a clutch kit in it? The 16 clutch calibration is just bad from Polaris.

Todd
Fimea likes this.

www.hunterworks.com

Todd
Office phone: 601-771-0070
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old June 2nd, 2017, 06:32 AM

First Name: Mike
My RZR: 2017 XP1K 2 seater
Member #201337
Garage
View THT3's Photo Gallery(0)
Usa Re: Rzr xp 1000 clutch issue

If you are running the stock clutch setup still, absolutely get at minimum those square rollers changed for sure!!! There are a few important things in the whole clutch assembly. Though it's kind of a pain, anytime you change a belt you really need to take a scotch brite pad and rough up the surface on both sheaves on the primary and secondary, this gives the belt a good surface to grab and not slip. 2nd, there is a breaking period with all new belts no matter the brand, and yes we all like to just put the hammer down, including myself, but if you can help it, you really need to try to break the belt in for a bit. 3rd, a whole clutch kit will be the best fix of all. I have tried 3 different ones and by far the best one I have run is the Dalton. All the clutch kits install pretty much the same way, but where I felt the Dalton outshines all others is the ease of adjustability if you need to, if you change tires, or anything else. All the others are pretty much just set up for you as one size fits all, which I found really doesn't work that well, and really isn't any different than the stock setup. I deal with hunterworks.com and they have been great!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode