Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Polaris canvas upper doors

35K views 64 replies 27 participants last post by  court31rzr 
G
#1 ·
For those of you that are using these doors, what do you think about them? I would like to get my RZR closed in for winter use and needing upper doors. I see other aftermarket doors that are half the price of the OEM but hard to tell the quality of things by just seeing pictures.

Any advice?

Thanks

#4 ·
Myself and 3 of my buddies all have these. They are more expensive than after market but trust me, the quality and fit is awesome!!! They are the same quality as a soft top on a jeep. In fact I heard rumors bestop makes them for Polaris. I have been in driving rain storms and not get a drop water on me. U will be happy with these I promise.

G
#7 · (Edited)
:rofl3: since there was such a big difference in opinion on these doors i had to get a set to see for myself.

On a scale 1 to 10, overall I would give them a 7. I am satisfied with them. I have superatv rear window and not sure what roof I have but its not a polaris roof. The. back of the doors slightly rub the roof when opening the doors all the way out but its no biggie.

G
#9 ·
If you look at the first picture, there is a separate zipper above the door latch that you unzip and stick your hand in and open the door. The windows will unzip and you can just let them hang down in the inside of door or you can roll them up and use the strap and button them on the outside button you see. The windows do not unzip all the way off.

#29 ·
No. They bolt to the upper door and have a rear side panel. There pretty easy just a little time consuming so you don't rip them

#30 ·
How does everyone tow their bikes with the doors installed? I had my strapped down (facing forwards on the trailer) and noticed that they started to pull on the straps. If they were tied down, I'm pretty sure they would have popped open/bent/tore. I really dont want to take em off every time i have to tow (which is almost every time i ride.)

#35 ·
paul
are you talking about the internal clip faster located at the front and fastens by a clip once installed?
if yes then i just fed mine through the front viser to stay
and when transporting in a open trailer i slightly unzip the windows poking the inner tassle outside i open the window more to get my hand inside the cab
snap the inner clip together which secures the upper part of the door and from the outside of the rzr zip the window fully closed
works great

#38 ·
I run a ratchet strap around the cab as a precaution when trailering. Hard to see in the pic,they run from just behind the cab up around the top of the windshield.
These doors are the best option I have found so far. The other ones I have seen require drilling the lower doors to install snaps and are a pain to get in and out of. These you just reach in through the zippered slit.
I paid around $500.
The inside of the windshield does fog up. We keep a small squeegee inside to help clear it up. We use the rzr to tow a winter rescue sled in extreme weather. The propane and 12 volt heater mentioned above will not do much as far as reducing condensation in these conditions.
I am going to install a "real" heater with a good defroster.

Attachments

#43 ·
Hey guys, up here in Canada. Just bought a new 2016 xp 4 highlifter. Dealer installed the Polaris polly roof and upper doors. First time using it today, top of front doors always seem to catch on roof when closing and opening. Anyone else have this problem, or everyone using a different roof? Also, on the back of the doors had anyone used some push on weatherstripping to seal that up better ?

Thanks guys, this thing rips and is a blast in the snow !

#45 ·
I just installed the Polaris uppers w/ the poly roof. I ran into this exact clearance issue. I solved it by shimming up the top a bit with a 'ball' of electrical tape on each side to lift that forward wing of the top. Just needed about 1/4" of clearance. Doors work great now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.