Check emgine light comes on and engine shuts down and the codes refer to tps 1 and 2 - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net
RZR XP 1000 Discussions for the all new Polaris RZR XP 1000 Sponsored by: Marshall Powersports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old January 11th, 2016, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

First Name: JJ
My RZR: 2014 rzr xp 1000 titanium, highlifter lift kit, 32.5 outlaw 2 tires on mamba wheels. Garret turbo
Member #98033
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View Boucher's Photo Gallery(0)
Canada Check engine codes for tps.

Hi everyone,

I have 2014 xp 1000 and about 4 weeks ago I flipped it because my front diff locked while in 2wd ( that's another subject). Anyway after I got tha machine back on it's 4 wheels I checked the levels and then got in the cab to start it up. When I turned the key on the check engine light was on and it wouldn't start and was flooding really bad and fuel came out the exhaust. I checked the codes and they were 520276-2, 520276-12 which means that there is a problem with the throttle position sensor (1 or 2 Indeterminable). After checking the book the throttle position sensor is actually the PPS or pedal positioning sensor the 12 is Neither Position Sensor Passed Test and the 2 is Position Sensor Correlation Fault. Does anyone know what the 1 and 2 sensors are. All I know is the pedal and pps are a package deal and have to change the pedal if it fails. I did change the pedal and the problem is still occuring. I should mention that it is intermittent as sometimes I turn on the key and it works for 20 mins and the light comes back on and it shuts down. Sometimes the light won't go out for a week even after disconnecting the battery to try and reset the code. Yesterday it started and I actually went for a small drive and it seemed to be fine. I was out for about 45 mins and when I got back to the house Everything seemed to be back to normal. After lunch I wanted to go for a longer ride and when I turned the key the check engine was back on and it wouldn't start the codes were the same but this time there was a new one. 652-5 which means the pto injector is open or grounded. Everythingis very weird. This morning I turned on the key and the check engine was off again and the machine started. Has anyone anything like this happen to them before. It all started after it flipped. Checked all ground wires and wiring harness and everything seems to be fine. Is the key switch connected at all to the pedal circuit? I did have a problem with the key acting up until I took it apart and cleaned but besides that never had any other problems with my machine. I know it's a lot of info to take in but I would appreciate some help on this one. I live in Honduras and the last time I took it to the dealer and it came back worse and I had to go behind them and tighten everything up that they left loose....

Last edited by Boucher; January 18th, 2016 at 06:20 PM. Reason: No responses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old April 13th, 2016, 08:26 PM

Member #122977
View CFoxIndustrial's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Check emgine light comes on and engine shuts down and the codes refer to tps 1 an

Did you ever get this problem solved. I am having the same 520276 fault code and engine will not idle or stay running.
post #3 of 5 Old April 14th, 2016, 04:59 AM

My RZR: 2015 XP1K
Member #33721
View luke27's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Check emgine light comes on and engine shuts down and the codes refer to tps 1 an

Seem to remember injector wiring harnesses wires cracking and giving problems to some on here. Orileys part#PT5754 was the cheaper better fix. Changing your pedal and sensor did nothing so check your throttle body sensor TMAP.

https://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-1000...g-upgarde.html

https://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-1000...uns-rough.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old April 14th, 2016, 09:41 PM

Member #122977
View CFoxIndustrial's Photo Gallery(0)

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. My friend Jeff found the problem. It was a broken wire (green wire - TPS signal) at the throttle control unit 6 wire harness connector. Thanks Jeff for the awesome find!!
post #5 of 5 Old October 8th, 2017, 02:34 PM

Member #76363
View whitem7437's Photo Gallery(0)
Did you ever solve this problem? Mine is doing the same thing . Thx.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in