2016 RZR S 900 Won't turn over, no fuel pump cycle, no head/tail lights - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net
RZR S 900 Discuss the 2015+ Polaris RZR S 900 vehicles here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By ntrsandman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old June 27th, 2019, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Member #164161
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View Threewheel79's Photo Gallery(0)
2016 RZR S 900 Won't turn over, no fuel pump cycle, no head/tail lights

I was out on the trail the other day and everything was running well. Stopped for about 15 minutes and went to restart, it turned over and fired but didn't start. On the second attempt it wouldn't crank, no fuel pump cycle, no lights, gauges light up with key on but the shift indicator just shows two dashes. Battery is good, fuses all check out good and I swapped relays around. Am I missing a fuse or relay somewhere other than under the driver seat? Stumped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old June 27th, 2019, 07:22 AM

First Name: Bill
My RZR: 2015 RZR Trail Camo
Member #223833
View wjpelka's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: 2016 RZR S 900 Won't turn over, no fuel pump cycle, no head/tail lights

Make sure you are on the brake when you try to start. Also, if that switch is bad, it won't send power to the Starter Motor. What does the meter say the voltage is with key on? What does it go to when you try to start it? Is that the original Battery? You could turn on the lights and try to start it. See if the lights dim. If so, your battery is having problems... They will dim a little, but if they go to almost out, you have a problem.

Good Luck...
post #3 of 8 Old June 27th, 2019, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Member #164161
There are no headlights, taillights or brake lights and the fuel pump does not cycle. The battery reads 12.7volts. I don't believe ita the battery. Seconds before either turned over fine. I don't think it's the brake switch because lights don't work and the transmission indicator doesn't show what gear it is in. Also the fuel pump should prime when key is turned on and doesn't. All of my accessory lights work fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old June 27th, 2019, 08:00 AM

First Name: Ken
My RZR: 2012 900 XP
Member #200753
View ntrsandman's Photo Gallery(0)

Based on the symptoms, I would check the Ignition switch. There are many posts about failed switches and are pretty much not model specific. The service manual should have a test to check the switch. You could use a test light to check voltage in and out at the switch as well.
442raceRZR likes this.

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good. Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.
post #5 of 8 Old June 27th, 2019, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Member #164161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrsandman View Post
Based on the symptoms, I would check the Ignition switch. There are many posts about failed switches and are pretty much not model specific. The service manual should have a test to check the switch. You could use a test light to check voltage in and out at the switch as well.
Thanks, I'll try that next.
post #6 of 8 Old June 27th, 2019, 08:39 AM
Premium Member

First Name: Denver
My RZR: 2015 S900 Titanium
Member #41951
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
View Denver's Photo Gallery(4)

Yea, I've read about the rear end of ignition switches coming apart, right on this forum.

SOLD!!! 2012 RZR 570, with most of the accessories.
Bought!!! 2015 RZR S900 Titanium! Let the fun begin (again)!!
XP1K wheels and tires. XB3 fire extinguisher, in cab. RAM-mounted Samsung Tab GPS. Larsonator DIY dual rate spring kit and Schmidty Racing resi end caps. Garage Products bushings. BugBuster mesh windscreen and rear mesh screen. Outerwears on R2C air filter and clutch intake. 3500# Winch, parking brake. Polaris DVR mirror & Drift Innovation action camera. PRP harnesses. Roof. DIY mud flaps. Tusk front bumper. UHMW A-arm guards. Hunterworks Gates Carbon belt.
post #7 of 8 Old July 13th, 2019, 12:45 PM

My RZR: 16 900s
Member #104105
View RzrriderX's Photo Gallery(0)

I had this happen to me. It ended up being a wire that had been rubbing on a bolt and wore into. It was one of the wires coming from the group of wires coming from the ecu to the engine.
post #8 of 8 Old September 14th, 2019, 11:19 PM
Premium Member

First Name: Denver
My RZR: 2015 S900 Titanium
Member #41951
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
View Denver's Photo Gallery(4)

And it just happened to me today, 40 miles from Kanab, Utah. Back end of key switch fell off, and piece that rotates and decides what wires get connected broke off. Pulled up shop manual saved on phone, pulled connector off the remains, jumped the pins to provide system power and momentarily jumped the pins to spin the starter. Worked like a champ. Now to check my extended warranty.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SOLD!!! 2012 RZR 570, with most of the accessories.
Bought!!! 2015 RZR S900 Titanium! Let the fun begin (again)!!
XP1K wheels and tires. XB3 fire extinguisher, in cab. RAM-mounted Samsung Tab GPS. Larsonator DIY dual rate spring kit and Schmidty Racing resi end caps. Garage Products bushings. BugBuster mesh windscreen and rear mesh screen. Outerwears on R2C air filter and clutch intake. 3500# Winch, parking brake. Polaris DVR mirror & Drift Innovation action camera. PRP harnesses. Roof. DIY mud flaps. Tusk front bumper. UHMW A-arm guards. Hunterworks Gates Carbon belt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode