Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net (https://www.rzrforums.net/forums.php)
-   General RZR Discussion (https://www.rzrforums.net/5-general-rzr-discussion/)
-   -   oil pressure sending uinit (https://www.rzrforums.net/general-rzr-discussion/76037-oil-pressure-sending-uinit.html)

bengalwill April 12th, 2012 05:12 AM

oil pressure sending uinit
 
Going to install an autometer electric oil pressure guage and I'm not sure where the sending unit should be installed. I have a 2012 and I believe I see the stock sender near the oil filter but I'm not sure how it is threaded?

swingarm1 April 12th, 2012 05:15 AM

Re: oil pressure sending uinit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalwill (Post 946943)
Going to install an autometer electric oil pressure guage and I'm not sure where the sending unit should be installed. I have a 2012 and I believe I see the stock sender near the oil filter but I'm not sure how it is threaded?

You need a flex hose between the cases and sending unit... If you use a hard pipe style nipple it'll break for sure...

bengalwill April 12th, 2012 07:44 AM

Re: oil pressure sending uinit
 
where at on the cases?? I see a plug above the oil filter but I'm thinking this may have something to do with the oil pump. Does anybody have pic's with there flex hose installed?

GenDis April 12th, 2012 08:08 AM

Re: oil pressure sending uinit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalwill (Post 947101)
where at on the cases?? I see a plug above the oil filter but I'm thinking this may have something to do with the oil pump. Does anybody have pic's with there flex hose installed?

I think that is where I installed my sending unit. I will have to look when I get home and try and post a pic of my install. But I do think mine was right above my oil filter on an 08 rzr 800.

jerrzr April 12th, 2012 08:14 AM

Re: oil pressure sending uinit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalwill (Post 947101)
where at on the cases?? I see a plug above the oil filter but I'm thinking this may have something to do with the oil pump. Does anybody have pic's with there flex hose installed?

Thanks to whoever pict this is , but this is where it goes.

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/p...augeplug-1.jpg

GenDis April 12th, 2012 08:16 AM

Re: oil pressure sending uinit
 
NVM, beat me to it.lol

swingarm1 April 12th, 2012 08:28 AM

Re: oil pressure sending uinit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerrzr (Post 947132)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalwill (Post 947101)
where at on the cases?? I see a plug above the oil filter but I'm thinking this may have something to do with the oil pump. Does anybody have pic's with there flex hose installed?

Thanks to whoever pict this is , but this is where it goes.

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/p...augeplug-1.jpg

YES BUT USE A FLEX LINE BETWEEN THE FITTING IN THE CASES AND THE SENDING UNIT or it will break from vibrations......

bengalwill April 12th, 2012 09:43 AM

Re: oil pressure sending uinit
 
I'm thinking mine is different, I have a 2012 and I don't believe the is a plug or tapped hole there. My OEM sending unit looks to be above the oil filter in a little bit of a different area. I'll check when I get home, thanks for all the help and I'll let you know if mine looks the same.

bengalwill April 12th, 2012 05:12 PM

Re: oil pressure sending uinit
 
I was wrong, when I got home I looked and there is a plug like the picture posted, thanks for the help and I'll definately put the flex line in.

diggerbuzz May 31st, 2012 11:42 AM

Re: oil pressure sending uinit
 
I called auto meter cause im wanting to install one on my xp also and they said the pro-comp fluid filled is the only one they recommend for a UTV. Do we need a sender or is that just on electrical guages and not mechanical ?

RacerSam May 31st, 2012 12:14 PM

Re: oil pressure sending uinit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalwill (Post 947254)
I'm thinking mine is different, I have a 2012 and I don't believe the is a plug or tapped hole there. My OEM sending unit looks to be above the oil filter in a little bit of a different area. I'll check when I get home, thanks for all the help and I'll let you know if mine looks the same.

above the oil filter is camshaft sensor to let ECU know when #1 is @ TDC, required on 2011-2012 models since they have sequential fuel injection vs bank or batch fire eFI on 2008-2010 models

RacerSam May 31st, 2012 12:14 PM

Re: oil pressure sending uinit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerrzr (Post 947132)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalwill (Post 947101)
where at on the cases?? I see a plug above the oil filter but I'm thinking this may have something to do with the oil pump. Does anybody have pic's with there flex hose installed?

Thanks to whoever pict this is , but this is where it goes.

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/p...augeplug-1.jpg

any reason that freeze plug is installed backwards?

rardoin May 31st, 2012 12:29 PM

Re: oil pressure sending uinit
 
"any reason that freeze plug is installed backwards?"

Yes...that is a counter-rotating engine sold in the Southern hemisphere. Maybe some Aussies will chime in!:rofl3:

Pirate May 31st, 2012 02:24 PM

Re: oil pressure sending uinit
 
Do yourself a favor and get a Dakota Digital gauge. I have the Dakota Digital Oil Pressure, Water Temp and Voltage. Gives me accurate readings and with a quick scan of the dash I know what's going on.

I got the Concours Specialties dash plates as a door prize at the RZRForums rally in Taylor Park, CO. I would recommend them as they are excellently made.

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/100_3174.jpg

Here's a couple pictures of my oil pressure sending unit. Flex line came with my old gauge set from Quadovator. Don't know if they are still out there or not.

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/100_3166.jpg

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/100_3167.jpg

Pirate

RacerSam May 31st, 2012 06:56 PM

Re: oil pressure sending uinit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate (Post 996934)
Do yourself a favor and get a Dakota Digital gauge. I have the Dakota Digital Oil Pressure, Water Temp and Voltage. Gives me accurate readings and with a quick scan of the dash I know what's going on.

I got the Concours Specialties dash plates as a door prize at the RZRForums rally in Taylor Park, CO. I would recommend them as they are excellently made.

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/100_3174.jpg

Here's a couple pictures of my oil pressure sending unit. Flex line came with my old gauge set from Quadovator. Don't know if they are still out there or not.

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/100_3166.jpg

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/r...s/100_3167.jpg

Pirate

is that some sort of oil filter relocation set-up I see to the side where the braided hose with red/blue hose end is? would love to relocate mine, as its sorta hard to get to and get much grip on it. thanks


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome