My RZR: 2018 rzr 900 trail
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Portage, MI
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Michigan Street Legal Questions
1.Make sure you can get insurance. You wonít actually get a policy until you get the new vin. State Farm seems to be the answer.
2. Have all necessary parts on machine. Good luck on the parking brake. Nobody is manufacturing ityet. A few people have made there own modifications to pass inspections.
3. Call your local sheriff or police dept to have tr-54 inspection. I hear some or all of the State police post are not inspecting vehicles.
4. Take all paperwork. Tr-54, title, and all receipts parts put on machine to make it street legal. If you have a lien on your title then make sure your loan institution gives you a letter stating they are ok with you making it street legal.
5. Take all this to the sos and be prepared to pay taxes on all items that you havenít already paid taxes for plus the $25 process fee.
8. 6-8 weeks someone will call you to make an appointment to put the vin on your vehicle. The first question they ask before coming out is if you have the correct parking brake that is separate from the normal braking system. They will inspect the vehicle again.
9. Get insurance.
10. Go to sos with proof of insurance and then you can get the vehicle registered and given a paper plate.
11. Wait for the real plate.
This is pretty darn close. If I missed something Iím sure someone will add it. Good luck. Iím stuck on the parking brake. Spoke with maxxed out motor sports and they are thinking they should have something for my vehicle in a month or two.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2018 rzr 900 trail, Ryfab windshield, EMP rear dust stopper, Grizztek radiator guard, Thunderhawk voltage regulator guard, $15 home depot Plano storage box.
2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring SP (gone)
2013 Polaris 570 base model (gone)
2010 CanAm 400 2up max xt (gone)
2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 (gone)