Just picked up my 2019 XP4 Turbo on Saturday and I've managed to put a whopping 14miles on it Sunday afternoon in my Dad's open field zipping around breaking it in below 1/2 throttle. Here are a few initial impressions from someone coming up from a S4 900.
- The power, Im trying to stay below 1/2 throttle and in low range and a do a proper break in, but I still managed to easily turn portions of my Dad's grassy field into "dirt tracks" with the rear tires, even in the 4 seater the rear wheels will come around without effort, though I do need to air down the tires from the dealer. Can't wait to try out high range!
- Low range limiter is a bit of a bummer in stock form, it appears to be speed limited to 30-35mph, which this thing can do just by breathing on the throttle, first time I unloaded it from the trailer, my Dad and I took off out across his field in low range (was told to break the belt in in low range for 25miles) I thought there was something wrong. As soon as I gave it some gas, it felt like the engine died and I wasn't "flooring it", maybe 1/3 to 1/2 throttle. But turns out, this thing just gets to the 30mph limiter so fast, it feels like something is wrong. Feels like they could have bumped that to at least 40-45mph, but maybe a tune can help with that. However, the turbo does crawl just fine at slow speeds, just as smooth as my S4 900, just controlling that pedal is the hard part
- The "turbo glow", backed it off my trailer Sunday night and took a quick trip down the neighborhood street, when I got back to the garage, I noticed a light coming from the engine area. Kind of scary and cool at the same time.
- The turning radius, coming from a S4 900, I definitely noticed a wider turning radius, I found myself doing school bus steering around some corners my S4 900 would have made just fine.
- The color schemes grow on you, the dealer only had a pearl matte in stock, so it was either take the white or.... *GASP*... wait.... for him to find a titanium one. Anyways, I now like the white better than the titanium
Needless to say, Im excited and happy with my purchase, just thought I'd toss a few intial impressions out there for anyone else pondering the decision.
Here's a pic of it just off the trailer from the dealer and another pic of my future design concepts, decided to capitalize on the pearl with white roof and lower doors and hope to find a matching vinyl decal so I can extend the stripes down the door. I've already ordered a few sample colors.