A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able. - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net
General RZR Discussion For General Polaris RZR discussion. Sponsored by: UTV Gear HQ

 69Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 Old August 14th, 2018, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Official Site Vendor
 
HawkEng's Avatar
 
First Name: Jason
My RZR: Turbo Apex RZR & Z1 RZR
Member #747
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,161
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
View HawkEng's Photo Gallery(0)
Usa A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able.

I am going to start this off by saying this has NOTHING to do with any recalls or previous Polaris fire issues.

I will post pictures, but I don't think I want to post the video as it is hard to watch for anyone.

For any of you that have met Levi at any of the RZR rallys knows how he would be the first to drop what he is doing and help out. He knows no strangers and loves anything to do with the UTV community. We were hoping to go to MOAB next year, but that may be tough now.

This hits home very hard for me as Levi Lewis is my nephew, employee, and a very close friend. To see what I saw and heard him screaming haunts me daily. What makes this even worse for me, he had just bought the yellow Apex from me. This is the UTV that started the whole swap thing for me and was glad it was going to stay in the family. But now, I almost wish it had never happened for his sake.

The details of the fire.
He was competing in a local UTV race and rolled 2 times causing a MAJOR fire from race fuel. I was there first. Got out my small fire extinguisher and NOTHING! It wouldn't come on! I tried to pull him out but couldn't get him out through the windshield hole as it was resting on the driver's side. It was so hot I got 2nd degree burns and my right hand. Luckily, we were both wearing fire suits, but just wasn't enough for the minute and 40 seconds of fire he endured. After more and more extinguishers, the fire was put out and they got Levi out. But he was burned bad. He was evacuated by helicopter to the Mercy Hospital in St. Louis.

The details of his condition.
They tell us it is 70% of his body, but he isn't burned on his face or front of his chest to feet. Most of the burns are on his back to butt, right arm and hand, some to the left arm. The fire suit probably saved his life even though he was burned that bad. I am so glad I had asked him to wear one of my extra suits.

They say they will keep him sedated for the next 30 days while they do skin grafting. Hope to start 8/16 if his body is ready.

I am asking for anyone who can, please help Levi Lewis and his family. Every little bit matters and will add up in the end.
This is going to be a VERY LONG ROAD for Levi and will cost hundreds of thousands. He has some insurance, but it will still be costly.

Please help by going to the GoFundMe I set up for him and giving what you can. I already have seen many do this that are my FB friends and I greatly appreciate it.

Here is the link.
https://www.gofundme.com/help-for-le...is-burn-victim

For those that want to send a Paypal instead, here is the info for my sister, Levi's mother. [email protected]

I will keep updates coming as I get them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Levi.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	558616   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180813_073822.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	3.74 MB
ID:	558618   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180813_073828.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	4.99 MB
ID:	558620   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180813_073844.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	4.57 MB
ID:	558622   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180813_073911.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	4.69 MB
ID:	558624  


I specialize in APEX and Z1 conversion kits for the 800. Z1 kits for the 900xp, XP1000, and 1k Turbo. We have a Z1 waterproof belt cover too.
573-579-8295. Check out our custom coach builds too. www.hawkengineering.com.

Last edited by roguedriver; August 15th, 2018 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Fixed go fund me link
HawkEng is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 77 Old August 14th, 2018, 04:20 PM
 
jroyer's Avatar
 
First Name: James
My RZR: 2015 Rzr 900 4 Seater
Member #55824
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northeast Texas
Posts: 240
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View jroyer's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able.

Wow that is horrific. He is very lucky. God was watching over him. Thoughts and prayers to Levi and his family. Please keep us updated on his condition


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jroyer is online now  
post #3 of 77 Old August 14th, 2018, 04:21 PM
Smooth Moderator
 
roguedriver's Avatar
 
First Name: Ken
My RZR: 2011 1102cc 900XP
Member #24045
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central New Mexico
Posts: 3,208
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View roguedriver's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able.

Levi is a straight up good guy! Thoughts and prayers to him, his family and all you guys out that way Jason.

Ken R.
roguedriver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 77 Old August 14th, 2018, 04:21 PM
 
liftedpsd2010's Avatar
 
First Name: Michael
My RZR: 2018 rzr 4 highlifter 1000
Member #85073
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lake wales florida
Posts: 512
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View liftedpsd2010's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able.

Do you have PayPal? I can send a little friends and family so no fees. I donít have much but Iíll donate some


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
liftedpsd2010 is online now  
post #5 of 77 Old August 14th, 2018, 04:22 PM
 
avarageerod's Avatar
 
First Name: Eric
My RZR: 800
Member #64570
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 133
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View avarageerod's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able.

What a horrible accident. I'll be praying for your family, and that Levi makes a quick recovery.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
avarageerod is offline  
post #6 of 77 Old August 14th, 2018, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator
 
GreggC's Avatar
 
First Name: Gregg
My RZR: 2014 XP1K Black Pearl "Darth"
Member #32940
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Albuquerque NM
Posts: 4,243
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
View GreggC's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able.

Wow,
Jason I really sorry to her about your Nephew,
Prayers from my Wife and I.
Donated.

XP1K Black Pearl
"Darth"

GreggC is offline  
post #7 of 77 Old August 14th, 2018, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Official Site Vendor
 
HawkEng's Avatar
 
First Name: Jason
My RZR: Turbo Apex RZR & Z1 RZR
Member #747
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,161
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
View HawkEng's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedpsd2010 View Post
Do you have PayPal? I can send a little friends and family so no fees. I donít have much but Iíll donate some


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For those that want to send a Paypal instead, here is the info for my sister, Levi's mother. [email protected]

I specialize in APEX and Z1 conversion kits for the 800. Z1 kits for the 900xp, XP1000, and 1k Turbo. We have a Z1 waterproof belt cover too.
573-579-8295. Check out our custom coach builds too. www.hawkengineering.com.
HawkEng is offline  
post #8 of 77 Old August 14th, 2018, 05:34 PM
 
liftedpsd2010's Avatar
 
First Name: Michael
My RZR: 2018 rzr 4 highlifter 1000
Member #85073
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lake wales florida
Posts: 512
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View liftedpsd2010's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEng View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedpsd2010 View Post
Do you have PayPal? I can send a little friends and family so no fees. I donít have much but Iíll donate some





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


For those that want to send a Paypal instead, here is the info for my sister, Levi's mother. [email protected]


Sent. Not much but hope it helps.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
liftedpsd2010 is online now  
post #9 of 77 Old August 14th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Administrator
 
FJK's Avatar
 
First Name: Frank
Member #8689
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: High desert
Posts: 49,740
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
View FJK's Photo Gallery(279)
Re: A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEng View Post
I am going to start this off by saying this has NOTHING to do with any recalls or previous Polaris fire issues.

I will post pictures, but I don't think I want to post the video as it is hard to watch for anyone.

For any of you that have met Levi at any of the RZR rallys knows how he would be the first to drop what he is doing and help out. He knows no strangers and loves anything to do with the UTV community. We were hoping to go to MOAB next year, but that may be tough now.

This hits home very hard for me as Levi Lewis is my nephew, employee, and a very close friend. To see what I saw and heard him screaming haunts me daily. What makes this even worse for me, he had just bought the yellow Apex from me. This is the UTV that started the whole swap thing for me and was glad it was going to stay in the family. But now, I almost wish it had never happened for his sake.

The details of the fire.
He was competing in a local UTV race and rolled 2 times causing a MAJOR fire from race fuel. I was there first. Got out my small fire extinguisher and NOTHING! It wouldn't come on! I tried to pull him out but couldn't get him out through the windshield hole as it was resting on the driver's side. It was so hot I got 2nd degree burns and my right hand. Luckily, we were both wearing fire suits, but just wasn't enough for the minute and 40 seconds of fire he endured. After more and more extinguishers, the fire was put out and they got Levi out. But he was burned bad. He was evacuated by helicopter to the Mercy Hospital in St. Louis.

The details of his condition.
They tell us it is 70% of his body, but he isn't burned on his face or front of his chest to feet. Most of the burns are on his back to butt, right arm and hand, some to the left arm. The fire suit probably saved his life even though he was burned that bad. I am so glad I had asked him to wear one of my extra suits.

They say they will keep him sedated for the next 30 days while they do skin grafting. Hope to start 8/16 if his body is ready.

I am asking for anyone who can, please help Levi Lewis and his family. Every little bit matters and will add up in the end.
This is going to be a VERY LONG ROAD for Levi and will cost hundreds of thousands. He has some insurance, but it will still be costly.

Please help by going to the GoFundMe I set up for him and giving what you can. I already have seen many do this that are my FB friends and I greatly appreciate it.

Here is the link.
https://www.gofundme.com/manage/help...is-burn-victim

For those that want to send a Paypal instead, here is the info for my sister, Levi's mother. [email protected]

I will keep updates coming as I get them.
Thoughts and prayers for a fellow Offroad friend , Please letís all help Levi . We have always pulled together when one of our own needs help . Every dollar will help .

Frank
FJK is online now  
post #10 of 77 Old August 14th, 2018, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Official Site Vendor
 
HawkEng's Avatar
 
First Name: Jason
My RZR: Turbo Apex RZR & Z1 RZR
Member #747
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,161
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
View HawkEng's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedpsd2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEng View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedpsd2010 View Post
Do you have PayPal? I can send a little friends and family so no fees. I donít have much but Iíll donate some





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


For those that want to send a Paypal instead, here is the info for my sister, Levi's mother. [email protected]


Sent. Not much but hope it helps.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything helps. Thanks.
liftedpsd2010 likes this.

I specialize in APEX and Z1 conversion kits for the 800. Z1 kits for the 900xp, XP1000, and 1k Turbo. We have a Z1 waterproof belt cover too.
573-579-8295. Check out our custom coach builds too. www.hawkengineering.com.
HawkEng is offline  
post #11 of 77 Old August 14th, 2018, 06:00 PM
 
liftedpsd2010's Avatar
 
First Name: Michael
My RZR: 2018 rzr 4 highlifter 1000
Member #85073
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lake wales florida
Posts: 512
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View liftedpsd2010's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able.

This thread makes me think so much about the people who think they donít need any extra safety gear. Things happen so fast you canít predict whatís going to happen. Please anyone and everyone buy safety devices and whatever you can afford. I know the safety devices arenít cool but it could mean life or death. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
liftedpsd2010 is online now  
post #12 of 77 Old August 14th, 2018, 06:56 PM
Premium Member
 
dartersracing's Avatar
 
First Name: DONNY
My RZR: 2014 PACE Z1 1000
Member #19554
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: manteca california
Posts: 9,926
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
View dartersracing's Photo Gallery(16)
Re: A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able.

Jason I am so SORRY to hear, donation sent. You guys will be in our prayers!
FJK likes this.

2015 CUSTOM 4 SEATER WITH PACE OFFROAD Z1
CENCAL SXS AND CUSTOM BUILDS MANTECA CA
209-373-5336 DONNY DARTER
dartersracing is offline  
post #13 of 77 Old August 15th, 2018, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
Official Site Vendor
 
HawkEng's Avatar
 
First Name: Jason
My RZR: Turbo Apex RZR & Z1 RZR
Member #747
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,161
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
View HawkEng's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able.

Thank You Darters.

Thank you to everyone else who has also donated to Levi's fund. I will be going today to see Levi at the hospital. Will give an update after I know something.

I specialize in APEX and Z1 conversion kits for the 800. Z1 kits for the 900xp, XP1000, and 1k Turbo. We have a Z1 waterproof belt cover too.
573-579-8295. Check out our custom coach builds too. www.hawkengineering.com.
HawkEng is offline  
post #14 of 77 Old August 15th, 2018, 05:47 AM
Premium Member
 
gramps4four's Avatar
 
First Name: Bill
My RZR: 2017 1000 XP
Member #55520
Join Date: May 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 290
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View gramps4four's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able.

Hey guys, remember when we all offered to pay Frank for the rzr flags he sent us? He wouldnít take any money and I suggested on that post that we all could send a few dollars to a charity. This looks like the perfect time and will help out a fellow rider. Good luck on your recovery Levi.


Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
gramps4four is offline  
post #15 of 77 Old August 15th, 2018, 06:05 AM
Administrator
 
FJK's Avatar
 
First Name: Frank
Member #8689
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: High desert
Posts: 49,740
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
View FJK's Photo Gallery(279)
Re: A fellow UTV buddy is in critical care and burned on 70% of his body. PLEASE HELP if you are able.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps4four View Post
Hey guys, remember when we all offered to pay Frank for the rzr flags he sent us? He wouldnít take any money and I suggested on that post that we all could send a few dollars to a charity. This looks like the perfect time and will help out a fellow rider. Good luck on your recovery Levi.


Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
That would be Awesome Guys #Levistrong
Wolfsnout Racing likes this.
FJK is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome