Should we wait for the 2018? - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

RZR XP Turbo Discuss the Polaris RZR XP Turbo EPS here!

 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old November 16th, 2016, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
 
mdemco's Avatar
 
Member #153177
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View mdemco's Photo Gallery(0)
Should we wait for the 2018?

I'm on the list of individuals with significant cash down towards a 2017 XPT4, originally it was supposed to ship 11/2, now hearing mid December; I can wait till next year at this point if the '18 is worth waiting for.

So let's have it, what are the rumors or expectations for the 2018 XPT?

Is the chassis due for a re-design? You have to admit the current cars work really well. Some are saying remotely adjustable suspension, not a bonus in my book.

The motor? It cant go any bigger than 1000 cc right? Bigger injectors, more cam, etc? Like the 16-17 upgrades. Further precautionary measures against the fires. Personally, I would not buy a first year totally redesigned motor from Polaris right now.

Better cooling again, maybe further clutch tweaks?

What is reasonable to expect here? The current car, minus the very unfortunate fires that have hurt many people, is pretty good. How much should we really be expecting, and is it worth waiting to see what they do?
mdemco is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old November 16th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Premium Member
 
Oregon Rain's Avatar
 
First Name: Tim
My RZR: 2016 XPT Spectra Orange
Member #68760
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Troutdale, Oregon
Posts: 94
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View Oregon Rain's Photo Gallery(5)
Should we wait for the 2018?

They may change the car for 18 but then it's the first year model bug to deal with, if you are ready now get something the latest and greatest comes every year you have to be satisfied at some point with what you get or have.
Oregon Rain is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old November 16th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Official Site Vendor
 
kmzeidler's Avatar
 
First Name: Kevin
Member #64019
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 912
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View kmzeidler's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Should we wait for the 2018?

You're willing to sit at home and play with yourself for 12-14 months for what MIGHT come out next year.

I'd rather be having fun........
joekamkod, Zonkie and Mr Tommy like this.

Concord Polaris
Polaris since 93'
Custom UTV Builds
Instagram: ConcordPolaris_UTV
kmzeidler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 Old November 16th, 2016, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
 
mdemco's Avatar
 
Member #153177
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View mdemco's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Should we wait for the 2018?

LOL, no one is sitting around "playing with themselves" at my house. I do need a couple of extra seats for the kids, who are slowly but surely getting bigger.

I certainly don't want the latest and greatest every two years, I am patient, and satisfied with my current options, minus the seats.

So, any thoughts on the 2018?


Last edited by mdemco; November 16th, 2016 at 12:53 PM.
mdemco is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old November 16th, 2016, 01:34 PM
 
SinCityRzR's Avatar
 
Member #64375
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 801
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View SinCityRzR's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Should we wait for the 2018?

My opinion, it will have more travel for sure. more power? we'll see. I'd rather see a better CVT design to get that power to the ground and be reliable. Can Am went to rear engine and trailing arms for a reason, so polaris can only try to improve what's already there. Maybe a 3 or 4 link that doesn't impede on current can am or arctic cat patents.

Polaris isn't going to just sit around and watch themselves get beat, they'll step-up with something new. Whatever it may be. at this point, everything is speculation.

Sent from the dune in front of you

VooDoo Blue 2015 Xp4 1000. -= Hardcore Tuning, Evo, ZBros, TFBB, UTV Inc, Skat Trak, Sparks Racing, OSP, Light it Up Offroad, Duner Tunes, 50 cal racing, Kartboy, UTV Giant, Trail Bright LED, Pro Armor =-

Tearing up Dumont as we speak..
SinCityRzR is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old November 16th, 2016, 03:33 PM
 
DWRAT's Avatar
 
First Name: Dan
My RZR: 2014 RZR-XP1000
Member #5778
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,868
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View DWRAT's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Should we wait for the 2018?

The 2020 is the one you want to wait for, it's gonna be worth the wait.
AllenAyres and clev like this.

2005 Rhino 660---Sold
2008 Rhino 700---Sold
2009 RZR-S------- Sold
2011 RZR-XP9-----Sold
2014 RZR-XP1K---Sold
2011 Rhino 700
2016 RZR-XPT----Sold that POS
DWRAT is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old November 16th, 2016, 03:43 PM
 
Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
 
Member #149410
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Parker Strip, Az.
Posts: 179
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View Dive Bar Casanova's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Should we wait for the 2018?

It'll be way past 2018 before we see something along the design lines of the X3.
2020 sounds like a solid date for something new.
That's a long way off.
You're not alone. Lots of buyers hoping to have their 2017 Rzr for the long T day weekend and everyone's deliverys have been pushed back too.
Dive Bar Casanova is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old November 16th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Premium Member
 
rzr4hank's Avatar
 
First Name: Alex
My RZR: 2014 RZR4-900
Member #61009
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bruceton Mills,WV
Posts: 4,087
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
View rzr4hank's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Should we wait for the 2018?

Can't wait for the 2018's to come out so everyone that buys one can get on here and bitch about there's for months on end then start talking about what Polaris can do to fix whatever they're bitching about and then start asking when the 2019's will be out and how great it will be!!
AllenAyres and clev like this.

rzr4hank is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old November 16th, 2016, 05:24 PM
 
focker80's Avatar
 
First Name: Bryon
My RZR: 2016 Polaris Ace 900SP! 2016 XP1K
Member #54327
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Louisville Ky
Posts: 1,830
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View focker80's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Should we wait for the 2018?

I would go ahead and get the 17 if you are looking to buy one.No telling what 18 will bring
focker80 is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old November 16th, 2016, 05:38 PM
 
Jrgunn5150's Avatar
 
Member #157097
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 529
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View Jrgunn5150's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Should we wait for the 2018?

123

Last edited by Jrgunn5150; March 17th, 2017 at 06:03 PM.
Jrgunn5150 is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old November 16th, 2016, 06:37 PM
 
185EZ's Avatar
 
My RZR: 2017 1KXP4
Member #89257
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 710
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View 185EZ's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Should we wait for the 2018?

I couldn't wait
bought a 2017 1kxp4
let me know how it goes next year
185EZ is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old November 16th, 2016, 07:29 PM
 
Elvisff's Avatar
 
My RZR: XP4 1000
Member #71985
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cen Cal
Posts: 597
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View Elvisff's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Should we wait for the 2018?

Always going to be something better on the horizon. I'd give the 17s a few months to see what the problems are, then decide from there. Plus the X3s should start dropping in price and the new rumored wild cat should be announced (maybe).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Elvisff is online now  
post #13 of 16 Old November 17th, 2016, 08:04 AM
 
SinCityRzR's Avatar
 
Member #64375
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 801
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View SinCityRzR's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Should we wait for the 2018?

OP has 2 side by sides already, he isn't just sitting on his couch starring at a wall. if I was him I'd wait, the chance of buyers remorse between 17-18 is big in my opinion. Keep riding what you got and have fun. if MY18 is not what you expect, 17's should be cheap!

Sent from the dune in front of you

VooDoo Blue 2015 Xp4 1000. -= Hardcore Tuning, Evo, ZBros, TFBB, UTV Inc, Skat Trak, Sparks Racing, OSP, Light it Up Offroad, Duner Tunes, 50 cal racing, Kartboy, UTV Giant, Trail Bright LED, Pro Armor =-

Tearing up Dumont as we speak..
SinCityRzR is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old November 17th, 2016, 08:21 AM
 
Thunder45's Avatar
 
Member #2071
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 609
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View Thunder45's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Should we wait for the 2018?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisff View Post
Always going to be something better on the horizon. I'd give the 17s a few months to see what the problems are, then decide from there. Plus the X3s should start dropping in price and the new rumored wild cat should be announced (maybe).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk


Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thunder45 is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old March 27th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Premium Member
 
justgregg's Avatar
 
First Name: Gregg
My RZR: 2015 1000 Rzr highlifter
Member #84383
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Denver Colorado
Posts: 783
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
View justgregg's Photo Gallery(7)
Re: Should we wait for the 2018?

My 15 highlifter has run flawlessly. But I sure like that X3!
justgregg is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Big bore with high compression pistons or wait? Elvisff General RZR Discussion 2 September 12th, 2016 06:54 PM
First RZR, Cant wait !!! Sprint25 RZR 900 - 50'' Trail Models 1 March 16th, 2016 06:14 AM
Buy now or wait? mlax RZR XP 4 Turbo 29 February 23rd, 2016 07:44 PM
Install new springs or wait... superjunior General RZR Discussion 0 February 17th, 2016 05:14 AM
New 2016 Xp 4 1000 or wait on a 2017? DonB RZR XP 4 1000 7 February 13th, 2016 08:30 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome