Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

first service

17K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  SouthernGypsy 
#1 ·
what does the first 50 mile service consist of? im assuming its all the basic stuff like oil change, check the belt tension, clean the air filter and so on?

#2 ·
Thought it went by hours, at least mine did. Said first was at 25 hours but everyone (including myself) suggest 10 hours and then again at 25.

No need to check belt tension (and you cant adjust it anyway)

But change oil and filter (both the resivour and the bottom of the engine), change the fluids in both the front diff and rear transmission/diff, grease EVERYTHING, go over it and look for any bolts that may not have been tightend enough at the factory and have started to vibrate loose. Blow out your air filter backwards, make sure its clean before opening the airbox that way you can check for any sign of dust getting into the airbox on the wrong side of the filter around the seals or the filter itself. Make sure your other fluids (brake fluid, coolant) are full to the max line when the machine is cold.

#3 ·
No belt tension to check...

Oil, Oil Filter, Grease, Clean The Clutch Sheaves, Blow Out The Clutch Area With Compressed Air, Check The Brake Fluid, Check The Air Filter, Check The Coolant, Tranny Fluid, Transfer Case Fluid, Rear Diff Fluid, Front Diff Fluid and check everything is tight...

#5 ·
Ya I just looked through my owners manual and it said 25 hours for the first one. I must have misunderstood the dealer haha. I have a while to wait then I think I'm between 4 and 5 hrs as of today. I will definatly change the oil at 10 though thank you guys for he info!

#6 ·
You will find most people recomend changing the oil AND the diff/tranny fluids at 10 hours and again at the 25 hours, many people have found a small amount of fine metal particles floating in their fluids when they did left over from both the manufacture process and then the breaking-in process where the new parts are meshing together during those first hours.

#8 ·
I personally stick with the Pure Polaris fluids that Polaris recomends for each part and Polaris Oil filter. Even if you wanted to go with Royal Purple or something else compatible, I'd still stick with Pure Polaris until you've at least gotten it fully broken in. Like your first three (10, 25, and 75 hours) services at least. Many people recomend sticking with Polaris fluids at least through your factory 6 month warranty. Even if you bought the extended warranty (the Zuric one is really good) it's not as important with those to stick with Polaris fluids as it is during the 6 month factory warranty period.

#9 ·
You can also do some searches on the forum here for tips for breaking in a belt properly, I know I wrote one up in a thread awhile back. My unit BTW now has 3481 miles and still running the stock factory installed belt. Took it in for a service last week to have another minor issue with the airbox checked and a friend who is also the dealers head technitiaan I told him to just check out everything since it'd been a good while (like over 8 months) since it's been in their shop for any reason and I asked specifically about my belt having that many miles, even though it still feels great. Talked to him on the phone earlier and he said he drove it and said the belt felt like it was still new, takes off smooth as silk and smooth throughout the power range all the way to top speed. But he did go ahead and take off the housing cover anyway just to check and said also looks as good as it feels. Even with that many miles he didn't recomend changing it. Said if I wanted to do anything just buy a new belt and carry as a spare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.