Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

plow mount...revisited

29K views 182 replies 32 participants last post by  degss 
#1 ·
Winter here in Alaska soon, still wondering if someone is going to come up with a plow mount for the XP. At first I thought maybe some posters that said it would be "like putting a plow on a Corvette" were right, but after putting some miles on mine, I am convinced it would be fine. Plenty of low end for pushing snow.

#2 ·
Call Doug at Northway Sports. 763-413-8988. They are in Minnesota.
He has a company that has just come out with one. It has yet to hit the market. Looks real nice and lifts about 4 feet high ! Please tell him that
Chad told you to call. Thanks. These guys are awesome to deal with and I like to send them as much buisness as I can.

#3 ·
Chad, it would be great if you could post some pictures and specs of this new plow. It appears that there are many of us that are in the market o purchase snow plows for our 900 XP's.

#7 ·
Here is the plow and mount for the 900 xp.
Still no word on pricing , this is a prototype.
Lifts really high ! Built very heavy duty !
Will be availabe soon. Call Doug at Northway Sports
for any additional info. 763-413-8988 .

Attachments

#8 ·
Chad, thanks for posting the pics. I'm looking forward to more details and pricing on the plow.

BTW, I called Doug and he's out of town for a week.

#12 ·
New to the forum!!! Can someone tell me why the mount off of the S model won't work
? My dealer said with a little mod it will work, so I bought the XP now it's nearing winter and I'm seeing different.Can anyone help please? Is the one in the pics above a quick hook up?Thanks

#13 ·
Yes it is a quick hook up, 60 seconds or less. As far as why a plow that fits a S wont fit on a Xp, the suspension is different. But I suppose you can modify anything to make it work. How well ???? Depends.......
Be patient and hopefully I can get a price and availability real soon.:popcorn:

#19 ·
What is the modified RZR S mount? I have my old plow and mount from my RZR. It would be nice to use it on my RZR XP.

I'm with you on not buying a goofy snowplow.

#23 ·
I dont thnk the glacier one will work....I pulled my glacier 2 setup off from my 11S and placed it up to my XP to see how it would fit. You would have to have the same winch mount location as rzrs and also I dont think that the subframe area where the glacier setup goes into the xp is as reinforced as the 11s is.

Please send some pics of the warn pro advantage setup if you go that route

#25 ·
PLEASE keep me updated, pics would be great, new to the sxs deal and bought the xp but would love to be able to use it for some double duty, need to know what plow to buy and what mount to buy, have fab skills so modification should not be a problem, just need to know what to buy or look for used. Thanks all

#26 ·
stopped at my dealer today they let me see a 11s mount and i sat mocked it up to a xp there, very simple. both top front holes need to be extended out approx 1" and both bottom holes line up with the large round holes on the bottom all you need would be to plates or even large washers would do, so some simple welding to extend the top holes out and a backing plate for the lower holes a glacier mount will work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.