Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

XP melting issue

• Put on shield and still melted

Votes: 0 0.0%

XP melting poll

4K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  sandrazor 
#1 ·
Lets take a poll to see who has had issues.

#2 ·
I put a heat shield on before I rode mine and have had no issues so far.

#5 ·
Well I thought that would go with Don't think it's a problem. You are prob right though. I don't think I can change it now.

#4 ·
Showing signs of heat distortion but temp where I'm located is still somewhat cold. Suspect it will melt when it warms up and driving at slower speeds. So I will be doing something before then. But I would like to see popo look after it before I have to seeing that many have already had it melt.

#8 ·
I wish I hadn't voted because then I would be able to see who voted for Don't think it's a problem. It would be interesting to see in the next "I put my PS seat fire out with a can of beer" thread if it was one of them. The key word in that selection is think. The key question is why take the chance?

G
#11 · (Edited)
Don't think it's a problem
Cadiero, catalac , CraigTard, DanNorCal, DWRAT, Factory UTV , Gunpilot, Jack Ramsey, jdob2000 , sandstarssandstars

Edit..disregard about the new panel...hmm..the parts fiche doesn't show a new number anymore, now it shows that a different panel(r/h seat divider, the one that the center panel attached to on the right side near where it melts) was changed effective 4/1/11..weird

#21 ·
I agree, I also think the poll is mis-worded. The best answer for me as the poll questions were asked was I don't think it's a problem because for me it isn't, but if it were worded it's a problem, but I haven't experienced it I would have picked that answer.

#24 ·
Yes they should replace the piece as long as they are not backordered.

#25 ·
I did not think it was going to be a problem until I serviced mine after the Memorial Day weekend at Waynoka. It got pretty hot on Sunday and that must have been when mine melted. Going to do the heat shield or an exhaust wrap.

#26 ·
There is less people having problems than I initially thought. I still think I would do the heat shield just to be safe. We will se if polaris does something to fix it in the newer models.

#27 ·
Hey Jarhead,

I wasn't trying to be critical of your poll question, only clarify that the problem is worth watching but that I hadn't experienced a problem. Your poll is a smart.....You know where there's smoke, there's fire! Let's ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.