Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Flywheel Puller

15K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Rennat_2006 
#1 ·
Well it looks like the ol' 2011 XP starter issue has started to strike. Need to pull the flywheel to check the bolt. Just wondering what size of puller is needed for this. Polaris wants $300 for it, but I know NAPA carries them for around $60...but I need to know what size. Thanks for help.

#3 ·
Check the classifieds section of this forum. One of the members posted one for sale about 2 hours after I ordered mine from HPD

#4 ·
Auto part

Just fyi, this is what it looks like

#5 ·
Auto part Gear Machine

Sorry iPad only lets me upload one pic per post

#6 ·
If I ever get around to pulling mine any time soon, I'll send you my puller.

#9 ·
HPD puller showed up and I immediately went to work on the flywheel. One thing I wasn't prepared for was how much effort was required to pop it off! I didn't have an impact that big for the center bolt. I turned it as far as I could with a large wrench and ratchet and couldn't get it. I backed it off all the way, and tried again. I put my hands on the wrench and my foot on the ratchet and with a big bang...it came off. Sure as s__t, that little bolt was damn near falling out. Doesn't seem to be any excessive wear or damage on anything though. Hopefully I caught it. Not back together yet, got sent to work. I just need to scrape the old gasket off and put it all back when I get home. We'll see how it goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.