RzR XP1K fixes or Normal - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

RZR XP 4 1000 Discussions for the all new four-seat Polaris RZR XP 4 1000

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old November 7th, 2013, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
SoCal Dune Rider
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
socal700r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indio Ca
Posts: 681
RzR XP1K fixes or Normal

I Just picked up my xp10004 and noticed some thing that I'm not sure if there normal or not

1: the front shocks both of them are noisy and the springs seems loose, even just from sitting in the front seat they squeak and seem like there too loose on the shock and not compressed enought . Any one notice that on there rzr ? When I was at the dealer ship the other 2 rzr kp1k seem to do the same thing I'm woundering if the dealer adjust them and if so if they did not tighten them enought .
socal700r is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 Old November 8th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
finn188's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 116
Re: RzR XP1K fixes or Normal

I noticed the same thing.....seems to be quieting down the more I ride it. The manual has specs on factory spring adjustments including measurements. Make sure it is all to spec and then put some miles on it.
finn188 is offline  
post #3 of 20 Old November 8th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chubbalou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: peoria az
Posts: 352
Garage
Re: RzR XP1K fixes or Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal700r View Post
I Just picked up my xp10004 and noticed some thing that I'm not sure if there normal or not

1: the front shocks both of them are noisy and the springs seems loose, even just from sitting in the front seat they squeak and seem like there too loose on the shock and not compressed enought . Any one notice that on there rzr ? When I was at the dealer ship the other 2 rzr kp1k seem to do the same thing I'm woundering if the dealer adjust them and if so if they did not tighten them enought .
Yea dealer claims they all do that, and it will go away after a bit. that plastic sleeve needs some working in, we will see
Chubbalou is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 20 Old November 8th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trafficmstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 66
Re: RzR XP1K fixes or Normal

mine did the same and when away after riding a few times
Trafficmstr is offline  
post #5 of 20 Old November 8th, 2013, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
SoCal Dune Rider
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
socal700r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indio Ca
Posts: 681
Re: RzR XP1K fixes or Normal

No burnt belts yet? I'm carrying a extra one just incase .. Have a trip to Glamis on Saturdays with the Wife and I'm sure I would never hear the end of it if it would to go out while she is with me ..
socal700r is offline  
post #6 of 20 Old November 17th, 2013, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
SoCal Dune Rider
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
socal700r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indio Ca
Posts: 681
Re: RzR XP1K fixes or Normal

*So I burnt my first belt 21miles on the odameter. Changed out the belt I'm at 72miles and finger crossed that it last . I added a belt air tempature sensor and a 4inch fan.
I'm noticing the belt making some funny noises like it's slipping usually when I first turn the the car on let it get up to about 130 or so before I put it in gear sound like the belts slipping when it's back shifting when I let of the gas. It also does it in park/neutral like the belts is slipping or jerking . Any one else has this issue?
socal700r is offline  
post #7 of 20 Old November 17th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
finn188's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 116
Re: RzR XP1K fixes or Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal700r View Post
*So I burnt my first belt 21miles on the odameter. Changed out the belt I'm at 72miles and finger crossed that it last . I added a belt air tempature sensor and a 4inch fan.
I'm noticing the belt making some funny noises like it's slipping usually when I first turn the the car on let it get up to about 130 or so before I put it in gear sound like the belts slipping when it's back shifting when I let of the gas. It also does it in park/neutral like the belts is slipping or jerking . Any one else has this issue?
Drop that thing back off at the dealer! That is a warranty issue, why would you put money from your own pocket into a fix? It should perform flawlessly, you just spent $25,000 on that machine. They should make it right!!!
finn188 is offline  
post #8 of 20 Old November 17th, 2013, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
SoCal Dune Rider
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
socal700r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indio Ca
Posts: 681
Re: RzR XP1K fixes or Normal

Here the video it's when it backs shifts wonder if this is what's toasting my belts every 20/25 miles
socal700r is offline  
post #9 of 20 Old November 17th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
finn188's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 116
Re: RzR XP1K fixes or Normal

Was that a new belt? Like I said...call your dealer and speak to the manager. Send him that video, then take the machine back to the dealer for repairs. Make sure you are reimbursed for all the belts you purchased too!
finn188 is offline  
post #10 of 20 Old November 17th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
NIKAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 908
Re: RzR XP1K fixes or Normal

There is a whole thread on another popular UTV site. The 1000 4's are blowing belts like crazy. Per a confirmation on the other site at Camp RZR that 9 of the 12 demo units blew belts during the demo rides. Also it seems that running in the sand dunes is harder and more who do are having more belt issues.

Some thoughts are the fact the clutches & belts are the same as the 900, yet the 1k's have more power & weight. Also there is talk about alignment issues.

I would suggest reading the Under ground thread and see if there is any help there.
NIKAL is offline  
post #11 of 20 Old November 17th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
squirly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montrose CO/Yuma AZ
Posts: 1,287
Garage
Re: RzR XP1K fixes or Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKAL View Post
There is a whole thread on another popular UTV site. The 1000 4's are blowing belts like crazy. Per a confirmation on the other site at Camp RZR that 9 of the 12 demo units blew belts during the demo rides. Also it seems that running in the sand dunes is harder and more who do are having more belt issues.

Some thoughts are the fact the clutches & belts are the same as the 900, yet the 1k's have more power & weight. Also there is talk about alignment issues.

I would suggest reading the Under ground thread and see if there is any help there.
Good advice here!!!!

'11 XP, Benchmark doors, Cognito shocks, Muzzy Slip on, TS Vortex seats, UTV Inc. seat bases, Crow harnesses,Rigid 30" E Series, Rigid D2's, custom cage by RockWorx!!!
squirly is offline  
post #12 of 20 Old November 18th, 2013, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
SoCal Dune Rider
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
socal700r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indio Ca
Posts: 681
Re: RzR XP1K fixes or Normal

Well ended up taking it to the dealer I'll see what they say.
socal700r is offline  
post #13 of 20 Old November 19th, 2013, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
SoCal Dune Rider
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
socal700r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indio Ca
Posts: 681
Re: RzR XP1K fixes or Normal

I posted a video of my xp41000 belt noise took it to the dealer sure enough they confirm the suspicion it's hitting the clutch casing. I asked the service manager what they were going to do to fix it he said "we contacted polaris to see what they want us to do, I have no clue how to fix that) WTF ...
socal700r is offline  
post #14 of 20 Old November 19th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trafficmstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 66
Re: RzR XP1K fixes or Normal

what dealer did you take it to
Trafficmstr is offline  
post #15 of 20 Old November 19th, 2013, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
SoCal Dune Rider
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
socal700r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indio Ca
Posts: 681
Re: RzR XP1K fixes or Normal

Don't want to trow the dealer under the bus there trying to take car of it, I'll keep you guys posted
socal700r is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Air box fixes? Farmerfred RZR 900 Engine 8 February 27th, 2013 06:51 PM
Who fixes ECU's? HutchOven General RZR Discussion 4 October 6th, 2012 04:57 AM
Harness fixes GJRonK Seats and Belts 2 September 6th, 2011 03:24 PM
xp know fixes rzrwrecker RZR XP 900 17 April 21st, 2011 06:40 PM
Required fixes IMF General RZR Discussion 0 February 16th, 2009 12:51 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome