Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

RZR 1000 Gold Matte Metallic setup-pictures?

51K views 233 replies 59 participants last post by  JodyKavn 
#1 · (Edited)
About to pull the trigger on the new RZR 1000 Gold Matte Metallic.

Would love to see some pictures and how you setup your machine!!

I'm wanting to put the Ride Command, front finder flares, full windshield, roof, and either door inserts or door skins on it. Also chop the cage 5"- 6" on the rear!!

I'm excited and chomping at the bit to get this thing!!
I'm currently in a 14 RZR XP 900 Orange Madness.

Thanks for any info!

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Funny I had a 14 XP 900 orange madness and got the gold and freaking love it...

Haha!! Nice! Did you trade in your other rzr on the new one?

Here's mine. Gonna try to get at least 10k for it. I hope! Haha

1500hrs on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#14 ·
We picked ours up a few days ago. Had the dealer add Polaris aluminum doors and an aluminum roof with drip rails. We picked up a Polaris glass windshield when we got the Razor and installed ourselves. Went on our first ride yesterday. Rode 56 miles at Windrock. It was muddy. Very muddy. The Razor did great. I really love the low gear for crawling. Wife and I were pretty much covered with mud and the windshield required frequent cleaning too. Went to the local Polaris dealer this morning and picked up some standard front fenders. I think they will help a lot and I can still see most of the front tires. Anyway, here are the pics.
The first pic is before we went riding.

This one is a front view before replacing the front fenders.

This is the front view after fender change.

Here is my view with the factory set up.

And here is the same view with the new fenders.

I will let you all know how we like the new fenders after next ride. The dealer had an Extra Large Polaris fender but I was afraid it would be so wide I could not see the tire for crawling.

#77 ·
We picked ours up a few days ago. Had the dealer add Polaris aluminum doors and an aluminum roof with drip rails. We picked up a Polaris glass windshield when we got the Razor and installed ourselves. Went on our first ride yesterday. Rode 56 miles at Windrock. It was muddy. Very muddy. The Razor did great. I really love the low gear for crawling. Wife and I were pretty much covered with mud and the windshield required frequent cleaning too. Went to the local Polaris dealer this morning and picked up some standard front fenders. I think they will help a lot and I can still see most of the front tires. Anyway, here are the pics.

The first pic is before we went riding.

This one is a front view before replacing the front fenders.

This is the front view after fender change.

Here is my view with the factory set up.

And here is the same view with the new fenders.

I will let you all know how we like the new fenders after next ride. The dealer had an Extra Large Polaris fender but I was afraid it would be so wide I could not see the tire for crawling.

Which fenders are those?

#16 ·
They are the standard fenders. I held the XXL ones up and they just looked too wide for the sort of riding we have around here. I really like to be able to see where to place the tires on some of the rocky climbs. I figured at least with these I can get some add on flaps if I need a little extra. If the XXL were too big I would be stuck or have to buy something else.

#19 ·
I went through all that too. Get with me before start and what your looking to do and I'll help ya as much as I can. I do have a extra DeWalt storage box I'm going to sell if you go that route and a yeti.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#28 ·
Thanks for the advice. The remote makes more sense. Is that the Polaris remote? I saw one that looks like that on eBay for $129. Does that sound right? The factory wired pendant is a bear to plug in and I hate to leave it plugged in since that box is great for storage.

As far as cargo storage goes, my 'action packer' box and the 20 at Artic cooler fits perfect. Just need a better way to tie down that doesn't obstruct getting into the cooler or box.

#24 ·
Mudcon, your dash looks like it belongs on an airplane!! I like it.

I ordered the xl flairs for my gold metallic, but havn't got them yet. Do you have a couple more pics of yours from different angles? Even your signature pic - in a bigger version - would be a good one to get an overall idea.

And yes - what box is that in the back.

Thanks!

#33 · (Edited)
Our first UTV and loving it. We chose the Gold for the type of riding we do in the hills and valleys of the mountains. First ride last weekend was a blast. We are adding side mirrors today to help with the scary back-ups. The lower door panels are a must. Glass windshield and handgrips where helpful on the trails. These things are addictive... have fun; life's to short.

#35 ·
I've only had mine about a week and a half, but we went to the desert with it for a week of that time. Now I have an idea of what I'm going to do with it before we go again.

I was with 4 friends with their RZR's, two of which ride all the time from their houses in the desert. Their RZR's are really dialed in and mine has a bit to go to be just right.

I found that the tires are very soft and get spooky at speed running similar air pressures as the other guys by tucking under. I ended up putting them from 8psi up to 10 in the front and 11 in the rear and handling improved greatly. I think I'm going to send out the shocks for a revalve and will be installing Walker Links. I got it doing everything reasonably well by the last day, but just need to buy some things. You know........

So far I've put on a roof, a storage bag that is T shaped and rides hanging from the bottom rear of the cage into the bed, a roof, and a Yetti. Coming up is seats in addition to what I shared above.

#41 ·
I am going to powder coat them black if they work out. I keep all the tools and stuff wrapped up in an oil cloth but thanks for the idea! I saw someone on the forum put a big sponge in the top of their tool boxes to keep rattling down and I may try that too. Lots of good ideas on here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.