Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

check engine error code 65590

403K views 71 replies 45 participants last post by  RZR_Joe 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
2016 XP 1000 unloaded from trailer less than 1 mile on the new machine just picked today and check engine light on error code 65590.
Does anyone know what this code means.?:rm_thumbdown::sad:

#8 ·
Did they say why they came on or how to clear them? I just had my recalls done and drove it around the block and got both codes, I will be calling the dealer on Monday. There was nothing wrong with my rzr and now I have this done and I have 2 codes :sad:

#21 ·
Same issue with my '16 1000 XP. Threw a check engine light on a gravel road with these same codes mentioned in the thread only 3 miles into owning it (bought used w/ 180mi). Recall work was completed. I ended up riding it more and had the code come in and out all weekend with no real reason or timing behind it. Also had limp mode issues several times through the weekend but somehow it didn't seem to correlate with the check engine light. I could typically clear the limp mode by shutting off the engine and restarting.

Definitely frustrating, glad it's under (the Polaris recall extended) warranty, but still unhappy I have to deal with lugging it to the dealer (40mins away) and possibly miss out on ride time.

#20 ·
Change your belt!!! Happened to me after recall, dealer changed belt went away. Happened to buddy over Halloween in Glamis, took into camp rzr they changed belt all good. This past week 2 new turbos in Glamis, same codes changed belt and all is good. Not sure whats up but if belt has any glazing at all it throws code and goes into limp mode.

#22 ·
Update: had a spare belt so I changed it to rule that out.

It was worse than I thought from the last time I took the belt cover off and looked. A lot less material than the new belt.

Haven't had any time to take it out to ride but it is much quieter. Belt whine is gone and much smoother clutching.

No idea if it helps the code but I'm glad I changed the belt.

#23 ·
Just came across this giant thread: http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-1000/287801-ecu-flash-recalls.html

Tons of folks were getting the same code following the recall ECU flash. No definitive fixes other than spending another $400-$500 for an EVO ECU tune...I am going to try the reset mentioned in post 175 and test this weekend to see if there's a difference...else, off to the dealer to complain...

#24 ·
Definitive update:

Got the code, ran with it a while. It came and went. It sounded crazy that a belt could cause a misfire code. But, I went ahead and changed my belt. It looked fine with the cover off but when removed, was in much worse shape than I thought. Went to Little Sahara in OK. Broke in the new belt fairly well. Then let the belt have it for three days. No codes and plenty of WOT time.

Appears to have fixed it in my case. Change your belt, can't hurt and I'd bet plenty of you could use a new one in any case.

#26 ·
I just bought a brand new 2017 1000 Highlifter three weeks ago, have one ride on it and it threw three codes when I backed it out of the garage this weekend. 65590, 65592, & 520344. It's at the dealer now, I'm hoping it's just belt & plugs as others have stated, guess we'll see.

#27 ·
I was getting these codes on a 2016 XPT 4 and found it hard to buy the "belt" story as the fix. I put new plugs in it and got the same codes immediately. What I eventually found was the plug wires themselves not fully seated. They snap on easily but it takes a good amount of effort to get them fully seated. Once I did I had no more problems.

#28 ·
Thanks for the info, I'm hoping it's something simple like that with mine. My only concern is the 320544 17 code which means it's running lean. Guess it could be the misfire causing a lean condition, not sure.

#29 ·
After a day of hard riding and steep climbing, I was riding back to the truck on level ground at 20 mph and threw that code. Talked to my mechanic (not at the dealership) and he said "don't worry about it unless it happens a few more times". That was 40 or 50 hours ago and no problems since.

#35 ·
Hi I realize this is an older thread but joined to see what others have done and/or decided to do. Like the very first post in this thread, I purchased a brand new 2016 Highlifter last July. Very first ride these codes came up and they would disappear. However, then I experienced power loss or limp mode. But they cleared. I wasn't event through he break in period. The machine has been back for its first service and I dropped another 500 bucks. I explained the problem and the dealer didn't seem aware of the problem although it was prevalent on the internet last year. I picked up machine after they had it a month and the codes returned within a minute of driving. I struggled with the power loss as well, we could get it to clear by reading this forum and driving near the 4000rpm mark. But it would return. I took the machine back again, they had it for two months and into last fall. I also noted another problem where the gas gauge shows 2/3 full even though its full to the top. Anyway, two months later I get it back. They replaced the sending unit to fix the gauge problem but it was obvious before I left the shop it wasn't fixed. I was told to drive it around a bit and it would come around. They claimed the error codes were a result of the onboard computer and flashed it. Unfortunately, I didn't get the opportunity to drive it last fall and just got it out this May long weekend. Well..same problems. The codes came on in less then a minute. Machine went into limp mode. Drove around just over 4000rpm to clear and could drive a bit but would return with no rhyme or reason.

Kind of at a loss here and I see I'm not the only one. What others with the same problem done? I'm taking it back again to the dealership after the long weekend. Maybe they will fix it this time maybe they wont. My issue is this, I dropped 35k canadian for this machine. This included trailer, extended warranty and many other accessories. I have rode it 4 times, less than 10 hours total. Spent majority of the time at the dealer. Its chewing up my extended warranty as I can't even get use out of it. When is enough enough? Is anyone as frustrated as I am? I can't see it being plugs or belt as its started on it very first trip. Eitherway, the dealer needs to get this fixed but if they can't I don't know where to go from here. IT'S A NEW MACHINE FFS!

Any ideas?

#36 ·
I totally agree and am frustrated, I replaced the plugs after Code 320544 17, and it didn't help, then I replaced the belt and after a ride around the block in low at 4K or more rpm the code went away, But it's been parked since. I also found that when I took my machine in for the recall stuff they put a new gas tank vent hose up into my roll bar. I mounted a spare tire rack on the roll bar, over a couple trips the rack slowing crept down a 1/4 inch and clamped the vent hose closed (at the bottom of the drivers side rear roll bar just above the bolts that mount it to the roll bar to the very bottom of the roll bar still above the top of the plastic bed of the rzr.) . I had to loosen and remount my spare tire rack 1/4 inch up to get the hose out and I rerouted it into the frame (below the plactic bed) like others online said the dealer was suppose to do. The codes are gone after a trip around the block at over 4K rpm, but I have not taken it out for any more rides I have 950 miles on my high-lifter and the clutch is ticking excessively (worn out parts I think), so I need to fix that before any long rides. Curious... my gas tank gauge started to not read full when the tank is full a couple rides before it started getting the 65590 and 65592 codes, then the New/last Code 320544 17. Hope someone can help us find the issue, but here is what I know so far.

#37 ·
They kept it for 2 months and didn't fix it? Sounds like they were just storing it for you... :/

I've seen the 65xxxxx number come up recently when riding for 30-40min or so in low at the beach, it would clear after a while. I am afraid to show it to the dealer for fear of a 2 month witch hunt with no resolution.

#38 ·
*Update - well it's sitting at the dealership again. They called today to advise they think the problem is with the fuel pump. They explained that the fuel pump was REALLY dirty and this may cause the misfire code. They are TRYING to get it warrantied but aren't sure they can. Frustrated I just said well do what you can do. I explained That I can't see how it would be a dirty fuel pump as the problems started almost right off the show room floor, the machine wasn't even broken in yet. Furthermore, it barely got over 100km on it in a year as every time we have been out I have dealt with this problem so the majority of the 100km has been troubleshooting so if a machine that is designed for mud is having problems with a fuel filter, I think you have bigger problems. Anyway, that where it stands now. Still not sure what to think. I can only wait and see if by some fluke it does fix the problem. If not Im still stuck with a 1500lb paper weight with little options but maybe a lawyer.

When I took it in they were asking me about if I kept up with the maintenance and it was all current. I figured they were asking me this fro warranty purposes. I laughed and said. It has just over 100km on it and spent the majority of the summer in here last year with this same problem, not sure what maintenance it would need at this point. She said, well it would have needed its first maintenance in a month. I just shrugged my shoulders and said well it was sitting in your shop for the first month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.