Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Bought a Fox Edition

5K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  Pitts Performance 
#1 ·
Went to the dealer to buy a 2 seat XP1K White Lightening (monochrome) and came home with the Fox edition instead. This thing is awesome. What a difference from the old reliable 2010 800S. It's going to be tough to sell the old girl but I just don't have the room or the trailer space to keep her.

Going on a group ride this weekend, it'll be a good time to break her in and show her off. This is going to be a long week. I also want to give a shout out to Ryan at Iron City Polaris. This is the second RZR I've purchased from him, he's honest, fair and friendly and he knows how to treat customers.

#2 ·
CONGRATS

#6 ·
curious to see if the fox edition is the only one snapping axles. only have 4hr on mine and its urgh idk....
the right picture with the boot still on happened within 2hr of riding, and axles 2 happened after I warrantied the first one. and i repeat im not landing on the gas nor have i gone full throttle! im breaking it in...sooo not as advertised.

How did your fox edition perform for you?

Attachments

#13 ·
Thank you all.

Twicks, I'm sorry that your having issues with your ride but I'm not going to worry about breaking anything at this point. If it does break now they'll fix it. Polaris designs and builds an awesome machine that will put a smile on your face every time you put your ass in the seat. Hell, I get all giddy just seeing it sitting in the garage. This is not a perfect world so stuff happens (and it really sucks when it happens to me :)), as long as Polaris takes care of it I'm good.

#18 ·
This XP1k is incredible. We put just over 100 miles on it last Saturday. The ride and handling is amazing and with some shock tuning I'm sure it will only get better. The power it has just freaking rocks and I haven't even been able to open her up yet due to the required break in procedure.

I really like the Polaris Click 6, 6 point harness, it does need some additional padding on the shoulder portion as both my wife and I have some tender spots on our collar bones. I'm curious as to how long the retractors will remain functional in that dusty environment.

There are a couple of things that I feel need to be addressed; that noise from the front end is annoying, especially on the smoother roads, and there seems to be a lot of travel in the gas pedal before the engine begins to accelerate. Any input on these two items would be appreciated.

On a side note, I sold my 2010 RZR S in less than 24 hours which means I have some cash to burn on accessories.

#21 ·
Owned 4 months now.. Suspension is GREAT !, love the l.c.d. display My Kid rolled it hard actually endoed it Harnesses failed ! the bolts pulled out of front mounting points. All fixed and back on the trail, horrible chassis knocking noise that I cannot pin point since new. Drive belt failure at 300Miles. (learned that the 2015 belts are from a different vendor and the compound is too hard). Went to a Gates, No More problem. Voltage regulator failed at 350 Miles covered under warrantee and replaced with 2016 upgraded unit. Allot of valvetrain noise since new, switched to Maxima Synthetic no more noise. All in all I love the machine despite the problems, Polaris really needs to look into the harness quality and mounting design. Ohh BTW ordered the "lime squeeze" extreme bumpers, rock sliders 4 months ago .. took 2 months to get front lower bumper a week later the rear and sliders, got the Upper for the front the box contained one half for the front one half for the back ?? Rock Sliders were missing 2 of the mounting bolts and expanders. Finally got the full back upper last week still waiting on the front.. Buggy's paid off and almost out of warrantee still not complete.. Polaris really needs to work on a few issues.

#22 ·
I really like my Fox ED but same thing , VR just went out 275 miles. I dont have the time for the warranty blues so I'm looking for a better after market unit.

I change to a IMP belt before I even taken it out for the first time, so far so good but I did put a belt monitor on it, I highly recommend it will help train your driving habits plus give you real time belt temp . I back out of it when it starts to get a little hot.

I also put put on pre filters for the drive belt and air cleaner, I think they work great so far...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.