Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Greasing u-joints and bushings?

18K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  Justintoxicated 
#1 ·
I take it that's its prob ok to use reg automotive grease on the ujoints? But what about all the other lube points on the rzr? Will reg grease work or need the stuff polaris sells?

I only have one grease gun so if I can use auto stuff that would be great but if it needs some other type I'll just buy another just for the rzr.

#15 ·
Depending on which machine you are talking about but if its a 800 their is a fitting where the shaft slides up on the splines of the transmission on the 900 or 1000 their are 2 on the shaft's one in the middle where the two shafts are splined together and one where the shaft is splined to the transmission in the back.

#24 ·
Not sure why you would take the skid plate off. There is a hole in the skid plate right at the fitting. Place your Rzr on level ground, place in neutral, then move the Rzr until the fitting is at the bottom dead center. Using a flashlight to see the fitting makes it a bit easier.

#25 · (Edited)
I seem to keep pulling the center cover to run more wires, so I have just been greasing it when I pull that cover off haha.

Right now I have just been using lithium grease since that's what is in my grease gun, but I'll look into getting some green grease since I'm just about out.

Are you guys putting grease on the actual joints as well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.