Nice thread. A few things I can chime in to help.
1. Our VIPER MAX series is available with 50' of cable.
2. Our VIPER ELITE series comes with a thicker, 40' of cable.
3. The cable we use is patented AMSTEEL-BLUE made in good 'ol USA. The patent is because there is a hardshell coating on the rope to help prevent snagging. Generic Chinese cables don't have this.
4. Widespool winches do not fit in standard RZR or XP900. We are close to finishing our mount that will fit widespool for XP1000. Our VIPER widespool winches come with 65' of cable -- longest in the industry by at least 10'.
5. We will release our new EVOLUTION bumper in April that can take the widespool winch and be rated for 5000lbs. So you will all have a great options for bumper/winch combination for standard RZR's and XP900's if you want a winch with longer cable.
6. Our winches are made in China, but we control the engineering and design. That is because we are a full powersports' company/operation like WARN. We've made tons of design changes/additions over the years.
7. Venom winches may be made in the same factory (there are not a ton of winch factories in China), but the guy that runs Venom is a winch-importer only. He also does Xtreme winches and used to work for us before he left abruptly one Friday and had his own winch about 8 weeks later. To my knowledge, he does no engineering -- only takes stock winches off the shelf from China.
8. Nearly all companies take stock winches off the shelf from China and stick private company labels on them. I know we and WARN do not.
9. To my knowledge, we and WARN are the only two full powersports' operations in the USA with an expansive product line that we engineer ourselves (heaters, bumpers, plows, lights, winches, implements, etc.) -- and not just an importer of product, or a specialist in one thing.
Hope that helps! Merry Christmas everyone!