Polaris RZR Forum

2 week old rzr xp 1000 lost reverse

This is a discussion on 2 week old rzr xp 1000 lost reverse within the RZR XP 1000 forums, part of the General RZR category; does anyone else have this issue? i got stuck in some mud not on purpose i removed belt cover little mud i cleaned and still ...

Go Back   Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net > General RZR > RZR XP 1000

RZR XP 1000 Discussions for the all new Polaris RZR XP 1000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 14th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

First Name: Rick
My RZR: xp 1000
Member #62397
Garage
View rzrrick1971's Photo Gallery(0)
Usa 2 week old rzr xp 1000 lost reverse

does anyone else have this issue? i got stuck in some mud not on purpose i removed belt cover little mud i cleaned and still no reverse i have hi and low forward. any help
Sponsored Links
RZRForums.net is the premier Polaris RZR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old November 14th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

First Name: Ralph
My RZR: 2009 RZR Red
Member #4388
View rjsmith's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: 2 week old rzr xp 1000 lost reverse

Did you break reverse chain?, also check trans for cracks. If chain breaks it normally damages trans case

RZR 800 put out to pasture
1 Limey in a world of Yanks

Old November 14th, 2013, 07:38 PM

Member #62397
Garage
Wrench Re: 2 week old rzr xp 1000 lost reverse

Quote: Originally Posted by rjsmith View Post
Did you break reverse chain?, also check trans for cracks. If chain breaks it normally damages trans case
i will look tomorrow to see if there are any cracks in the case i did hear a pop then it was done how can i check the chain do u know how? im new to the side by side thing but i do fix cars for a living
Old November 14th, 2013, 07:38 PM

Member #62397
Garage

thank you for all your help
Old November 14th, 2013, 07:41 PM

First Name: Ralph
My RZR: 2009 RZR Red
Member #4388
View rjsmith's Photo Gallery(0)

I am guessing you will see damage on trans case, when the chain breaks it normal whips around and either racks or purchase hole in case.mTake to dealer and hopefully they will fix under warranty. The reverse chain is kind of small for the power of this beast and can break if too much stress in reverse, like stuck deep in mud with large wheels

RZR 800 put out to pasture
1 Limey in a world of Yanks

Old November 14th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

First Name: Steve
My RZR: 2015 900 S EPS Black Pearl
Member #11566
View RMR Man's Photo Gallery(0)

They are notorious for broken reverse chains, when the going really gets tough in the mud. Pretty much guarantee you have a broken chain. It's a big deal to fix, but I have tackled worse jobs.
Old November 14th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Owner-Light it Up Offroad
Premium Member Premium Member
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

First Name: Matt
My RZR: 2013 XP-Orange & 2013 XP-Lime Green
Member #13639
View MATT1524's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by rjsmith View Post
I am guessing you will see damage on trans case, when the chain breaks it normal whips around and either racks or purchase hole in case.mTake to dealer and hopefully they will fix under warranty. The reverse chain is kind of small for the power of this beast and can break if too much stress in reverse, like stuck deep in mud with large wheels
Yep.

The chain is weak. But it kinda is what it is with the way the 900 and1000 motor/trans design is.

Get with your dealer. Politely ask for help. You mentioned being stuck in a mudhole. Make sure you clean the rig up really well before visiting the dealer.

Let us know how it turns out.

Check out our vendor section: http://www.rzrforums.net/light-up-off-road/

Facebook-Light it Up Offroad-Fort Smith,AR

www.getlitfs.com
Old November 14th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

First Name: Jeff
My RZR: 2015 XP 1000 HIGHLIFTER
Member #31243
Garage
View Churchy's Photo Gallery(0)

That sucks, was just going over Polaris warraty issues, Hopefully they stand by there 20 k machine and dont say, what you took it in mud, there not made for mud. Cause thats what they do, They make these offroad machines then void warranty claims after people ride em like there made to be ridden, cause they don't stand by there product.
Old November 14th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

First Name: Steve
My RZR: 2015 900 S EPS Black Pearl
Member #11566
View RMR Man's Photo Gallery(0)

Jeff, we ride with one particular guy that breaks on just about every ride. He can take the crook out of a crowbar, just sitting in a sand box.
We all go through the same trails and mud holes. We get home in one piece, he is always broke. What he considers normal driving habits, is what I call extreme thrashing and total abuse. His mindset is that he paid $14K for an off road machine, it should take whatever he dishes out.
That is simply not a true statement.
Old November 14th, 2013, 09:21 PM

My RZR: 2013 Black RZR4 XP LE
Member #7209
View 8ball_99's Photo Gallery(0)

Reverse chain is a weak link on both the 900 and 1ks.. Its just the way it is.. You can't hammer it in reverse. You also have to be careful not to bind it up or the chain breaks. If you sink it in a mud hole don't try to back it out.. Pull the winch line out or get a buddy to pull you out. Your only other option is 1800 bucks for a heavy duty reverse setup. Which pretty much just gives you two stock chains vs one.
Old November 14th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Member #33649
View the_owl's Photo Gallery(0)

just like the sand cars with mendeolas.
Old November 14th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

First Name: Randy
My RZR: 14' RZR 1000 Titanium
Member #40141
View Krunch0's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by Churchy View Post
That sucks, was just going over Polaris warraty issues, Hopefully they stand by there 20 k machine and dont say, what you took it in mud, there not made for mud. Cause thats what they do, They make these offroad machines then void warranty claims after people ride em like there made to be ridden, cause they don't stand by there product.
I realize that you are slightly jaded because of your buddies 1000, but to say that they are not designed for mud. Well thats just naive. The polaris intro video that they used at the launch clearly shows that they put the 1000 through some deep mud and touted as such. So polaris does by their own admission know and support mud.

If i remember correctly, the ECU reduces power to 75% when in reverse to help ease the stress on the reverse chain. That means your only getting 80 hp, compared to 107. I do not believe that the 900 reduces the power in reverse. I think that polaris believes that the reverse chain will hold up to 80 hp. In this case, most likely not, but there could have been other factors that caused the failure. Either way, polaris should cover it.
Old November 15th, 2013, 06:37 AM

My RZR: 900
Member #28067
Garage
View Col_Sanders's Photo Gallery(2)

Clean it up real good and take it to the dealer. Reverse chain probably broke. When you use reverse you have to be easy on it. Don't let the clutch engage really hard from a stop. If you are in a bind, just get pulled out or go forward.
Old November 15th, 2013, 08:24 AM

My RZR: 2013 Black RZR4 XP LE
Member #7209
View 8ball_99's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by Krunch0 View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Churchy View Post
I realize that you are slightly jaded because of your buddies 1000, but to say that they are not designed for mud. Well thats just naive. The polaris intro video that they used at the launch clearly shows that they put the 1000 through some deep mud and touted as such. So polaris does by their own admission know and support mud.

If i remember correctly, the ECU reduces power to 75% when in reverse to help ease the stress on the reverse chain. That means your only getting 80 hp, compared to 107. I do not believe that the 900 reduces the power in reverse. I think that polaris believes that the reverse chain will hold up to 80 hp. In this case, most likely not, but there could have been other factors that caused the failure. Either way, polaris should cover it.
I don't know about that.. My local dealer has a picture right up by the service counter of some quads in deep mud and right below it says not covered under warranty or something like that. The first thing everyone on here always says it to clean the machine up really well before you take it in for warranty.. Its not to make the service guys day easier or to save from an extra charge.. If its muddy or real dirty they will blame damage on abuse.... And I'm pretty sure the 2011 Xps didn't reduce power in reverse.. But they on the 12s up. After the 900s came out and people started popping chains under warranty that was their idea of a fix. Reduce power....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net > General RZR > RZR XP 1000

Search tags for this page

fix broken reverse polaris razor 1000#gsc.tab

is a broken reverse chain covered under warrwnty on my rzr 1000
is reverse weak on a polaris rzr 1000 xp
kawasaki teryx no reverse after changing belt
kawasaki teryx weak reverse

lost reverse in rzr 1000

rzr 1000 chain break

rzr 1000 have forward chain drive

rzr 1000 my car won't go in reverse
rzr 1000 no reverse

rzr 1000 reverse chain

rzr 1000 wont go in reverse?
rzr 1000 xp reverse no power
rzr 900 how.much damage reverse chain break
yamaha grizzly will not go in reverse
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.