Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Internal bypass shocks

8K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  s2k1 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if Fox or King has a stock replacement internal bypass shock already valved and sprung for the XP1000?

#2 ·
I believe that King has a setup. Last I heard, they were just over $4000.00 bucks for the set.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using RZRForums.net mobile app

#7 ·
I believe that King has a setup. Last I heard, they were just over $4000.00 bucks for the set.

I'm thinking about buying the rear two and see the difference they make. If they make a huge difference I would buy the fronts. What do you think?
That would be a good idea. My WE shocks up front are dialed in just about perfect. I still have some issues with the rear being a bit stiff. Seems most people are having rear shock issues (other than making them into bananas), so running kings on the back may be all that you need. The question is, is it worth the $2k plus?
I was out at Ocotillo Wells this weekend and I am really tired of the rear rebound bucking through the whoops. The front seems great but the rear sucks. If they worked as well as my Fox triple bypass on my sandrail I would gladly spend 4k.

#3 ·
Does anyone know if Fox or King has a stock replacement internal bypass shock already valved and sprung for the XP1000?

I'm thinking about buying the rear two and see the difference they make. If they make a huge difference I would buy the fronts. What do you think?

#14 ·
That would be a good idea. My WE shocks up front are dialed in just about perfect. I still have some issues with the rear being a bit stiff. Seems most people are having rear shock issues (other than making them into bananas), so running kings on the back may be all that you need. The question is, is it worth the $2k plus?
I was out at Ocotillo Wells this weekend and I am really tired of the rear rebound bucking through the whoops. The front seems great but the rear sucks. If they worked as well as my Fox triple bypass on my sandrail I would gladly spend 4k.
Have you softened up the preload? Polaris, for whatever reason, ships them set fairly stiff. I think Frank took 4 or 5 whole turns out of his rear shocks.

#4 ·

#5 · (Edited)
Big Dan we're going to wait and give King some time to perfect it's XP1000 set-up.
$2K to $4K is a lot of lettuce to lay out this soon IMHO. Seems to off-the-shelf at this point.

Friends that got Kings for their 900's like them if they were given to them promotionally free, or they sell them. Those that bought them didn't feel any difference.

But,, in our case we're looking at a more reliable shock in addition to performance. And ya get that great service and back-up from King.
And yeah,, they look bad ass until they get sand blasted after a day on the dunes.

Next season maybe Kings for us.

#6 ·
Big Dan we're going to wait and give King some time to perfect it's XP1000 set-up.
$2K to $4K is a lot of lettuce to lay out this soon IMHO. Seems to off-the-shelf at this point.

Friends that got Kings for their 900's like them if they were given to them promotionally free,, those that bought them didn't feel any difference.

But,, in our case we're looking at a more reliable shock in addition to performance. And ya get that great service and back-up from King.
And yeah,, they look bad ass until they get sand blasted after a day on the dunes.

Next season maybe for us.
Good thoughts, I think I'll wait a few months and see what hits the market. I'm a Fox guy but I know King has a great product. We'll see who comes out with the best choice first.

#9 ·
Yeah someone posted a price after they called King. It's in one of the stock threads

#16 ·
I have several sets of the new FOX internal bypass shocks in stock and available right now. Fronts are 2.5" Internal Bypass and rears are 3.0" Internal Bypass. Both front and rear have adjustable high and low speed compression damping. They come complete with springs, billet sliders, etc. I'll try to get some pics posted tomorrow.
Give us a call if you want a set. They're going to go fast! :ride:

#17 ·
I have several sets of the new FOX internal bypass shocks in stock and available right now. Fronts are 2.5" Internal Bypass and rears are 3.0" Internal Bypass. Both front and rear have adjustable high and low speed compression damping. They come complete with springs, billet sliders, etc. I'll try to get some pics posted tomorrow.
Give us a call if you want a set. They're going to go fast! :ride:
Are these the "7 zone" bypass type?
how much will a set of 4 be?

#26 ·
They will obviously bolt right on your 4 seater. FOX sprung and valved them for the 2 seat model. I think if your gvw isn't too high, they will work great. They can also be setup with different spring rates. I want to try these on our shop 4 seater but the shocks are as rare as hens teeth right now and we might not get the chance until the next production run from FOX.

#28 ·
Reposting this here for the other guys that were on the fence.

This set up is amazing. Out of the box killed my revalved/respringed set up. Whoops have almost disappeared with these shocks. No bucking at all. You could go full throttle eating a sandwhich driving with one hand. Handles whoops similar to my class 1 prerunner. If you can afford it, do it. Just ordered a second set for my old man.

#34 ·
What about the low speed chatter bumps?

#31 ·
This is the photo FOX just provided for the front reservoirs. Just like zero801 did his. Thanks for the feedback Zach! :ride:
We have one set available this week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.