Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Driveshaft service bulletin launched

26K views 53 replies 32 participants last post by  tammyric1961 
#1 ·
Call your dealer. Recall launched today.

#13 ·
So only the dealer will know if your unit needs checked of is affected? It just says reference unit inquiry on dealer website or service bulletin list on STOP site to lookup affected units. Be nice if it had a serial number range or build date range to look these up.

#19 ·
My dealer called me this AM and said their was a recall on the driveshaft and they had the parts ordered to complete the recall. Apparently the dealer mis-spoke calling it a recall when according to you guys its just the bulletin.

#20 ·
Can someone with a later manufactured XP 1000 take a photo of their front driveshaft with console out? Trying to decide if I want to get this done or just take out the front driveshaft and send it out to be cut and rebalanced to get phased correctly (line up the sides). This seems like a half fix to me- it seems they should be sending out the new front driveshafts that are actually phased correctly.

#21 ·
Wouldn't that depend on what is actually causing the problem?
If it's simply a pin that isn't installed correctly (length, diameter, fastened, etc); AND they were balanced and trued then the issue would be as simple as replacing the hardware attached to the drive shaft.

If I were in your shoes I'd have Polaris take care of the issue first and then proceed from there. The integrity of the warranty would be of concern to me as well as getting the correction made.

#23 ·
Dropped off the 1000 Monday for the driveline rattle. After the Dealer drove they said it sounded like normal driveline noise. I'm deaf in my right ear and it was disturbingly obvious when I drove. I sent them a nice color service bulletin thanks to RZR Forums. THANKS RZR FORUM! Now they're waiting on the part or parts. I give up. Might get that beast back by my 1st Glamis trip for a good break in.

#24 ·
This is exactly what im figuring on happening. Small dealer not hearing the problem and quoting you the good ole "thats normal" quote. But now with the forum posting this bulletin, simply print it off and hand it to the service manager along with your keys.

#27 ·
Unless Polaris changed something they do not balance there driveshafts. I hear there fix is to the grind out the spline that indexes the front shaft and rotate it 6 splines. Personally I would pull both shafts out and have a drive line shop fix it right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#32 ·
Oh; I was confused... It sounded like the issue was WITH the pin that was causing the imbalance.

You guys are going to have to stay on top of each of these.
A simple test drive in the parking lot doesn't necessarily prove it completely.

do you guys think it would be worth the time/effort to video tape the shaft before and after the fix is applied?

#34 ·
wow what a short period on the warranty period , and if you don't call the dealer berfore sept 30 looks like you pay for it.

#38 ·
Went in to my local dealer to schedule up the repair. Next Friday at 3:00pm..

Next Friday? sheesh..

Anywho, little pissed that he asked "did you buy it here?" I replied no and got a "hrmm".. I then asked do I need to purchase the vehicle here to get warranty work done? He said oh no no no... We can do it.

Smart ass comments could put me over the edge with this company. I've spent thousands there in accessories for both of my machines.

Peace...

#40 ·
:dankk2:

I have seen those dealers before and they don't usually last. They run off more potential customers than not.... and then go out of business. Good service goes a long way. I have to give Props to my dealer Sonoma Cycle in Winnemucca, NV they have gone over and beyond during this whole process...

#41 ·
Finally got mine out for a few fast miles. Definitely has the drive shaft vibration. 20-30 mph or so. You can feel it pretty pronounced. It also has a growl. Not sure if that is the same issue or something different.

I'll get it to the dealer this week and get them to do the fix and see if that is all I need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.