Polaris RZR Forum

XP 1000 dash removal

This is a discussion on XP 1000 dash removal within the RZR XP 1000 forums, part of the General RZR category; Two torx bolts and the center dash pops right out, very convenient Two extra switch positions with knockouts pre cut. Can't wait to see what ...

Go Back   Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net > General RZR > RZR XP 1000

RZR XP 1000 Discussions for the all new Polaris RZR XP 1000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Member #6431
View BRET901's Photo Gallery(0)
XP 1000 dash removal

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377411290.458016.jpg
Views:	776
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	81692
Two torx bolts and the center dash pops right out, very convenient
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377411361.168806.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	81693
Two extra switch positions with knockouts pre cut. Can't wait to see what the aftermarket comes up with, probably a replacement with GPS built in.
BRET901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
RZRForums.net is the premier Polaris RZR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old August 25th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #2

Member #52144
View nicknz's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: XP 1000 dash removal

Brilliant first thing going on mine is lights and winch so extra switches are a must
nicknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #3
Premium Member
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

First Name: Philip
My RZR: 2014 RZR XP1000 Black Pearl
Member #13358
View oufreud's Photo Gallery(3)

I'm liking this thing more and more...
oufreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #4

Member #5518
View BeachHead's Photo Gallery(0)

Looks like polaris has been paying attention. This is way better than pulling the entire front plastics off to access the dash.
BeachHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #5
Premium Member
Premium Member Premium Member
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

First Name: Jason
My RZR: Turbo Apex RZR & Z1 RZR
Member #747
View HawkEng's Photo Gallery(0)

Looks familiar. Glad to see that.
I specialize in APEX and Z1 conversion kits for the 800, Z1 kits for the 900 and XP1000 NOW. Also heavy duty front drive-shafts, progressive springs for the 50" and S model with fox shocks, and custom radius cages for all RZRs.
Check out our custom coach builds too. www.hawkengineering.com.
HawkEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #6

First Name: Justin
My RZR: 2011 RZR-xp LE
Member #18361
View JustinCMW's Photo Gallery(0)

Have you removed the steering wheel yet? Wandering if an after market wheel that was bought for the 900 will fit.

Sent from my galaxy S-IV using RZR forums app
JustinCMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 06:46 AM   #7

First Name: Jeff
My RZR: XP1000 / XP 900 White Lightning
Member #4413
View Jeff H's Photo Gallery(0)

I noticed there is an amazing amount of dead space under/behind the dash. It would be a nice place for Polaris to add storage in the future.
Jeff H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #8

Member #60515
View azcarguy's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by JustinCMW View Post
Have you removed the steering wheel yet? Wandering if an after market wheel that was bought for the 900 will fit.

I purchased a DragonFire Quick release wheel and while attempting to install it today found that it is nearly impossible to remove the old wheel once the nut is loose/off.

It appears that a certain type of puller is needed and not just any standard 2 or 3 prong puller will work. I've read all of the threads on this board and difference between the XP1K and prior Rzr's is that the new wheel is not simply round and will not allow for any kind of damage free "pulling" using the standard steering wheel pullers available. I contacted RideNow and they were clueless and simply stated "yeah, it's gonna chew that factory wheel up pretty good". That's simply not good enough for me so I've begun to search for the right tool for the job. If anyone has anything to add that's 1k specific that would be great.
azcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #9

First Name: Tony
My RZR: RZR XP1K
Member #21365
View rzr fryguy's Photo Gallery(0)

Does anyone know a polaris part number for the appropriate extra light switches that are designed to go into the two extra punch out holes I have some Rigid lights to install, but would like to use the factory looking switches in the dash.....any help would be greatly appreciated :-)
Old September 20th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

First Name: Bob
My RZR: 14 XP1000
Member #679
Garage
View dudeonit's Photo Gallery(32)

Quote: Originally Posted by BRET901 View Post
Attachment 81692
Two torx bolts and the center dash pops right out, very convenient
Attachment 81693
Two extra switch positions with knockouts pre cut. Can't wait to see what the aftermarket comes up with, probably a replacement with GPS built in.
I have the RR like you have.

Can you point out the details of how you mounted your setup in the dash?

14 XP1K. Pro Armor Doors, Seats and Harnesses, Rugged Radio Car to Car and Intercom, Horn, LED Light Bar and Whip, RXUTV Pawltector, FUTV Full Skid, A-Arm, Rock Sliders, Trailing Arm Guards, ZBROS High Clearance Radius Rods,
dudeonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #11

First Name: Nathan
Member #54044
View sudnrush's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by azcarguy View Post

I purchased a DragonFire Quick release wheel and while attempting to install it today found that it is nearly impossible to remove the old wheel once the nut is loose/off.

It appears that a certain type of puller is needed and not just any standard 2 or 3 prong puller will work. I've read all of the threads on this board and difference between the XP1K and prior Rzr's is that the new wheel is not simply round and will not allow for any kind of damage free "pulling" using the standard steering wheel pullers available. I contacted RideNow and they were clueless and simply stated "yeah, it's gonna chew that factory wheel up pretty good". That's simply not good enough for me so I've begun to search for the right tool for the job. If anyone has anything to add that's 1k specific that would be great.
The manual says "Remove the upper steering shaft, pivot tube and steering wheel as an assembly before attempting to remove the steering wheel. Loosen the nut and back it half way off the steering shaft.
4. Place the assembly in a vise.
5. Using a large bronze drift and hammer, strike the steering shaft nut to pop the steering wheel off the shaft taper "

DO NOT HAMMER or use and impact gun while the shaft is connected to the EPS unit or you will be buying a new EPS unit.
sudnrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #12

Member #60515
View azcarguy's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by sudnrush View Post

The manual says "Remove the upper steering shaft, pivot tube and steering wheel as an assembly before attempting to remove the steering wheel. Loosen the nut and back it half way off the steering shaft.
4. Place the assembly in a vise.
5. Using a large bronze drift and hammer, strike the steering shaft nut to pop the steering wheel off the shaft taper "

DO NOT HAMMER or use and impact gun while the shaft is connected to the EPS unit or you will be buying a new EPS unit.
Thanks for the input and response. I found the thread with the above directions but to be honest am looking for something that doesn't involve taking this POS apart and who has all those tools handy? I'm also certain that the dealer won't follow that advice at all (based on the directions they gave me earlier today).
azcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 09:12 PM   #13

First Name: Jesse
My RZR: 2015 1k 4
Member #22051
View jessejames7112's Photo Gallery(0)

Thank you for posting this.
jessejames7112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 10:14 PM   #14

Member #42138
View 270kid's Photo Gallery(0)

Thanks for the input and response. I found the thread with the above directions but to be honest am looking for something that doesn't involve taking this POS apart and who has all those tools handy? I'm also certain that the dealer won't follow that advice at all (based on the directions they gave me earlier today).
Works like a champ.

UTV INC POLARIS RZR XP 1000 STEERING WHEEL PULLER
270kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 10:18 PM   #15
Premium Member
Premium Member

First Name: Paul
My RZR: 2014.5 Matte Nuclear Sunset XP1000
Member #31171
Garage
View psheadl's Photo Gallery(0)
Arizona Flag Re: XP 1000 dash removal

One strike with a BFH and you will need to buy a new $1K+ EPS. Use a puller. Cut off about 1" of 1/2" square stock, drill two holes and you have a puller.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net > General RZR > RZR XP 1000

Search tags for this page
custom dash for polaris rzr xp 1000

how to remove dash on rzr 1000

how to remove rzr 1000 center storage unit

how to remove rzr 1000 dash to install switches

how to take off rzr 1000 switch panel
in dash stereo cover polaris rzr 1000 xp
razor xp1k dash pic
rzr 1000 4 dash removeal
rzr 1000 dash remove

rzr 1000 replacement dash

rzr 1000 steering wheel removal

rzr xp 1000 dash

rzr xp1k steering wheel
rzr.1000 gps.box.removal
xp 1000 steering wheel remove
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.