Polaris RZR Forum

Report any 2014 XP-1000 problems here

This is a discussion on Report any 2014 XP-1000 problems here within the RZR XP 1000 forums, part of the General RZR category; Quote: Originally Posted by Tuf-Skin Let's focus on the problems and solutions and keep the made in america discussion for another thread. Trying to keep ...

Go Back   Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net > General RZR > RZR XP 1000

RZR XP 1000 Discussions for the all new Polaris RZR XP 1000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

First Name: Brian
My RZR: 2012 Liquid Silver XP4 900
Member #20030
Garage
View BCRacing24's Photo Gallery(0)
Re: Report any 2014 XP-1000 problems here

Quote: Originally Posted by Tuf-Skin View Post
Let's focus on the problems and solutions and keep the made in america discussion for another thread.
Trying to keep this one on topic.
Thanks.
WOW !! Unpatriotic......=(
Where is the "XP1K is Made in America" thread. Show some American support. Lord knows we need it......WOW

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Member #247
Sponsored Links
RZRForums.net is the premier Polaris RZR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

First Name: Clifford
My RZR: 2014 XP-1000 & 2015 XP-1000
Member #2228
Location: Live in Eugene, OR; Work in Junction City, OR; Ride the dunes near Florence, OR
View Tuf-Skin's Photo Gallery(7)

not unpatriotic... feel free to post about it in another thread...
just keep this one on topic.
Free Downloads: 2009rzr800, 2009rzr170, 2010rzr800, 2011rzr800, 2011rzr900xp, 2012-2013rzr170, 2013rzr900xp-eps, 2014rzr1000xpR02, Yamaha Apex
other rzr service manuals for sale here: brssm website (not affiliated with this forum)
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Member #44203
View MisterHall's Photo Gallery(0)

Any more issues?

-Adam
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:18 PM

First Name: Joe
My RZR: 2009 RZR-s
Member #6665
View nvpowerdoc's Photo Gallery(40)

So I took my XP1000 to the dealer this morning regarding the front-end vibration and low front diff oil level.

Service manager indicated service tech originally checked front diff oil-level pre-delivery by loosening the drain bolt and just simply checking for fluid because he was unable to remove the filler plug (either because he stripped it, or it was installed to tight). Kind of bogus, but at least they replaced the filler plug today and filled the oil to the right level (I'm still going to check this evening).

As for the driveline vibration, no luck with any dealer resolution. Indicated to the service manager what folks on here were saying Polaris claims the repair to be (rotate the u-joint by 6 splines??). My unit was the second one in the shop at thsi delar for this issue. Dealer claims they are waiting for Polaris to issue a service bulletin and won't (can't) really do much at this time. I did have the service rep notate my paperwork indicating the drive-line / diff vibration issue and I'll just have to follow-up in a month or so...

Results are about what I expected.
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:26 PM

First Name: Brian McLemore
My RZR: 2013 Can Am Maverick 1000R
Member #17976
Garage
View Dirtmod15jr's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by GIL View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Macman12 View Post
All of these issues is making my decision to wait until after January seem worth while.
It could be much worse!!! We could all own Can Am's or Artic Cats!!! LMAO
Hey now! After the three recalls on my Maverick it seems to be working fine. Although there were no indications of problems before hand.

New Starter
New Clutch Stud and Nut
Fix Pass Grab Handle.

Seriously though good luck guys, I hope Polaris gets these issues straightened out for you. No one likes to see riders missing rides due to an issue outside of your control.
Old September 4th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Member #2228
Location: Live in Eugene, OR; Work in Junction City, OR; Ride the dunes near Florence, OR

Quote: Originally Posted by nvpowerdoc View Post
So I took my XP1000 to the dealer this morning regarding the front-end vibration and low front diff oil level.

Service manager indicated service tech originally checked front diff oil-level pre-delivery by loosening the drain bolt and just simply checking for fluid because he was unable to remove the filler plug (either because he stripped it, or it was installed to tight). Kind of bogus, but at least they replaced the filler plug today and filled the oil to the right level (I'm still going to check this evening).

As for the driveline vibration, no luck with any dealer resolution. Indicated to the service manager what folks on here were saying Polaris claims the repair to be (rotate the u-joint by 6 splines??). My unit was the second one in the shop at thsi delar for this issue. Dealer claims they are waiting for Polaris to issue a service bulletin and won't (can't) really do much at this time. I did have the service rep notate my paperwork indicating the drive-line / diff vibration issue and I'll just have to follow-up in a month or so...

Have them call Polaris again.
Polaris emailed my dealer a 10 page "prop shaft re-phase" instruction booklet.
it is basically 1 or 2 steps per page with pictures.
to rotate the front drive shaft 6 splines (90 degrees) they have to grind off a "staked tooth" (bump in the spline valley) on the prop shaft, then re-install everything.
I had the dealer give me a copy of the instructions so I would have it in the future if I needed to remove the drive shaft for any reason.
Free Downloads: 2009rzr800, 2009rzr170, 2010rzr800, 2011rzr800, 2011rzr900xp, 2012-2013rzr170, 2013rzr900xp-eps, 2014rzr1000xpR02, Yamaha Apex
other rzr service manuals for sale here: brssm website (not affiliated with this forum)
Old September 4th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

First Name: Gil
My RZR: 2014 XP1000
Member #48199
View GIL's Photo Gallery(0)

to rotate the front drive shaft 6 splines (90 degrees) they have to grind off a "staked tooth" (bump in the spline valley) on the prop shaft, then re-install everything.
I had the dealer give me a copy of the instructions so I would have it in the future if I needed to remove the drive shaft for any reason.
Is it possible to make that 10 page document a sticky? I feel that alot of us on the forum are capable of performing the procedure ourselves and not having to wait in line at a dealership for repairs. Maybe I'm wrong and it could go real wrong, but would like to think that the people that laid down that kind of money on a 1000 would be smart enough to know if they are capable of the repair themselves or need to rely on their local dealer. Just a thought.

Again-THANK YOU so much for posting all of your findings / fixes / and valuable info!
Old September 4th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Member #2228

Is it possible to make that 10 page document a sticky? I feel that alot of us on the forum are capable of performing the procedure ourselves and not having to wait in line at a dealership for repairs. Maybe I'm wrong and it could go real wrong, but would like to think that the people that laid down that kind of money on a 1000 would be smart enough to know if they are capable of the repair themselves or need to rely on their local dealer. Just a thought.

Again-THANK YOU so much for posting all of your findings / fixes / and valuable info!
I think it is best that the dealer make the repair. That way it is on record with Polaris that your machine has had the warranty work done.
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:16 PM

My RZR: XP 1000 & 900
Member #49040
View Scoob03's Photo Gallery(0)

Ok. So just dropped mine off at dealer after calling and explaining issues to Svc dpt. they had the 10 page manual there for 1000 driveline re-phase. They seemed ready to go and 100% willing to get it fixed. Made me feel good
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:22 PM

First Name: Tim
My RZR: currently don't have one
Member #30289
View Redflametech's Photo Gallery(0)

All of these issues is making my decision to wait until after January seem worth while.
My Arctic Splat runs great, and they stood behind their product like no other, that being said, I learned my lesson buying a first year model, so as much as I loved my RZR S (bulletproof machine) and believe in Polaris engineering, there is no way in hell I'll be jumping back to this machine for a couple of years. Best of luck to all those who did, I'm sure Polaris will work it out, they are the industry leader for a reason.
Old September 4th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

My RZR: 2013 XP4 Walker Evans
Member #52971
Garage
View Txjole's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by Redflametech View Post
My Arctic Splat runs great, and they stood behind their product like no other, that being said, I learned my lesson buying a first year model, so as much as I loved my RZR S (bulletproof machine) and believe in Polaris engineering, there is no way in hell I'll be jumping back to this machine for a couple of years. Best of luck to all those who did, I'm sure Polaris will work it out, they are the industry leader for a reason.
"They stood behind their product like no other" you can't fool me. I owned a Tigershark under warranty when they closed the doors. I was told sorry about your bad luck in not so many words when I needed work done. I will never think nor say a good word about that joke of a company ever.
Old September 4th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

First Name: Bart
My RZR: 1000 xp
Member #60150
View newrzrforme's Photo Gallery(0)

After reading this forum I took mine out the fuel pump seemed a little noisy but I deal with high pressure pumps in boats and it dose not seem much louder I can here it at idle but not going down the road.It dose have a rattle coming from the front so I will talk to my dealer tomorrow.The front diff was full of oil.the glove box is a piece of crap I was thinking of heating it and tweaking it to make it fit better I cant believe they would release the car like that one other thing I noticed was I have a chip in the paint on 3 of the long springs of my shocks I don't know if this is normal or not.You guy's have been very helpful to a newbie like me thanks for everything Bart
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Member #2228

If you lift up on the glovebox door when you close it, it will latch better and stay shut.
Just have to get the latch lined up.
Old September 4th, 2013, 11:46 PM

First Name: Joe
My RZR: 2009 RZR-s
Member #6665
View nvpowerdoc's Photo Gallery(40)

I'd prefer to do this myself (if there was a sticky). Dealer did not have instruction booklet - seemed they were waiting for Polaris to call them back. Even could print the sticky and take it to the dealer...
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:00 AM
LV RzR Rider's Mechanic

First Name: Chase
My RZR: 2009
Member #4118
View LvDirtJunky's Photo Gallery(6) Send a message via AIM to LvDirtJunky Send a message via Yahoo to LvDirtJunky

Sounds like you guys spent 20 grand on a Mexican made $#!+ box ....

Sent from my radd iPhone

www.utvcrap.com , These guy's ROCK

I.U.O.E. Local 12 . Work Union Live Better

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net > General RZR > RZR XP 1000

Search tags for this page
2014 polaris rzr 1000 problems
2014 polaris xp 1000 prolbems
2014 rzr 1000 problems
polaris 1000 problems

polaris rzr 1000 problems

polaris rzr 1000 review
polaris rzr problems
polaris rzr xp 1000 problems
polaris xp 1000 problems
rzr 1000 issues

rzr 1000 problems

rzr 1000 review
rzr 1000 xp problems
rzr xp 1000 problems
xp 1000 problems
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.