First Name: Joe
My RZR: 2011 RZR 800
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Perry County, Pennsylvania
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: 2011 RZR 800 electric lost
Back at it, with some pictures. I was out last night in the garage pretty late, I thought all i had to do was fix that splice and I was golden. So i fixed the splice and things worked a little, i was getting 12 volts and then sometimes lower. So i started back over, Now where i was getting 12 into the ignition switch it was only 10, sometimes as low as 4, it was constantly changing as i wiggled stuff but never got up to 12 to even want to turn anything on again. So after some time of sitting down and following the schematic I was able to determine A wire comes from the EFI fuse behind the drivers seat, into another EFI fuse in the fuse box, the 12 volts goes through that 20 amp fuse ( i think its a 20 not positive), then straight to the ignition, to be crossed over when you turn the key to my infamous orange wires supplying power everywhere, including the EFI.
So I tried tracing this big red wire from the power fuse block to the main fuse block and i wasn't having a whole lot of luck, I ended up cutting the red wire at the fuse block under the dash and just temporarily patching a wire with an inline fuse straight from the battery to see how things work, and just like that all lights came on and I was able to start the beast!. So Next I cut the wire where it comes out of the fuse block behind the drivers seat and fed a brand new wire up through the harness and spliced it into the fuse block under the dash. We are golden at this point, It was getting extremely late and all the wires were starting the look the same color so i called it quits, all i have to do yet is tape up the rest of my harness and re assemble everything. I attached a few pictures just as requested of some of my splices. I ordered some shrink tube from Amazon that is coated with an adhesive on the inside, i would highly recommend this stuff, it really seals down on the wires and I even doubled it up where possible.
Conclusion: I think I may have had issues with this power wire the whole time, but also an issue with the orange splice. The only thing harder then diagnosing an electrical issue, is diagnosing 2 electrical issues....
Thanks for following along, I will give one more post when I have everything reassembled and running perfect! Any questions please feel free to let me know.