Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Polaris' fix for doors are a JOKE!

16K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Timball 
#1 ·
Polaris' fix for door separation.... It's a joke.... I have been through all the correct alleys and channels to correct my problem with no solution. Today I heard back from the service manager that has been handling my warranty claim..... Ok are you ready to hear their FACTORY RECOMMENDED FIX!!

ZIP TIES!

Thats right..... Polaris has a plan to drill holes in the door and zip tie them together.

There is a nasty call going in to the factory tomorrow. They put out a memo about the doors saying that the "end users" I.E. Us have been slamming the doors " like a 20 year old farm truck and that's what causes the doors to separate..... REALLY? My doors were wrong when I bought it.... Before I even loaded it on the trailer. Then I had another set installed by Polaris factory authorized service tech..... And it was worse than the first door when I went to pick it up. I don't know what a correct General door is because I have never seen one. So now they think I will be fine with holes in my doors? I am beyond disappointed right now.

Dear Polaris..... First your 6 warranty is a joke which forces people to purchase extended warranties.... Then your engineers do piss poor work.... And your fixes are "band aids over bullet holes".

I was recommending people towards the General and doing my best because I believed this was a good product..... But your decisions as a company for customers legitimate problems are lack luster are best.

See less See more
#6 ·
I doubt that was Polaris recommendation to fix the doors . Sounds like a serviceman's being a little creative .
Actually, that is Polaris' current solution to the problem. I have the pics to prove it. They even have a PowerPoint on how to do it according to my dealer. When I get a bunch of free time I'll be doing a write-up on what I found to be wrong with the original design, what I did for a temporary fix and what I feel Polaris should do about it. It'll be posted over on the General Forum but if I don't get it here in the next week or so somebody remind me please.

#4 ·
on my 1000s I have to slam my doors or they come open. Had it happen this weekend stopped and someone in the group opened and closed my door to get something out and when we got started again going down a wooded trail, wham it comes open at about 30mph.

#5 ·
I had to adjust my door on first day home, mine would open while riding and had to slam to latch, after adjustment they are silky smooth, seems they are just thrown together at factory with no finesse applied.

#8 ·
It is the temporary fix that Polaris has issued to my dealer. I have filed a complaint with Polaris and told the service Dept to hold off drilling any holes yet. Polaris is working on a permanent fix. I have it all in writing. Everyone should do the same and maybe it will get fixed sooner.

Taz out

#9 ·
I just recently bought my general and I have the door issue of course cause they almost all due. I have notice that it seems the bosses are to tall and the door doesn't naturally want to stay together. I have shaved the boses down and it's better for sure. Did they ever come up with a fix?

#11 ·
My dad has the same issue with his General. I'm thinking about splitting the doors in two pieces, sealing the outside edge with 3M polyurethane window weld, and clamping them back together until the urethane dries. I've used window weld before and it may be perfect for this! A lot of folks use it for making homemade motor mounts because it's so durable. Any thoughts?

#12 ·
Has anyone tried 2 part epoxy to get them back together? I would assume some clamps and in 15 minutes you would have some pretty tough doors to pry apart.

#14 ·
I had my drivers front door apart today fixing the latch that would not hold. (Easy fix but a problem that should never exist on a machine with 30 miles on it.)
The inner and outer door skins are held together on three sides by screws that thread into bossed molded into the outer door skin. The top edge only has interlocking fingers. How hard would it have been to add two or three more of these bosses across the top of the door? I'm no engineer but it seems like a simple addition to the existing tooling would remedy this problem.
I suspect polaris is more concerned with not spending the money to replace the existing problem doors under a recall.

#15 ·
Bought a 2017 Polaris General at Camp RZR. 10 miles later and the door wont stay shut. Had to disconnect the outside door handle to keep the door closed. Took it back to the polaris repair center and they said they couldnt do anything to fix it and that they had a bunch stop in with the same problem. I have 3 door latches and they all do the same so its a fabrication problem with the door. The latch lever is either too long or its because they have left no room for adjustments. Even the little wiggle room won't last as the door will loosen and have the same problem. Good luck cause so far Polaris doesn't care after the sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.